Press Release Summary:
LM4040 4 x 20 alphanumeric LCD module uses flat-response-fluid (FRF) to eliminate need for temperature compensation circuitry or user adjustment of contrast voltage over operating temperature range of -20 to 70 deg C. Applications include those where ambient temperature around display is likely to change during operation. Array type backlight requires 160mA at 5Vdc and provides uniform illumination across active viewing area.
Original Press Release:
Auto-Contrast Adjusting LCD Needs No Adjustment
The LM4040 LCD module uses Chip-On-Board (COB) technology combined with Flat-Response-Fluid (FRF) technology to create a low-profile, auto-contrast-adjusting liquid crystal display
Santa Fe Springs, February 14, 2002: The LM4040 low-profile display uses flat-response-fluid (FRF) that requires no contrast adjustment over its operating temperature range. This feature is particularly beneficial where the ambient temperature around the display is likely to change during operation. The use of flat-response-fluid eliminates the need for temperature compensation circuitry or user adjustment of the contrast voltage commonly used on most LCD displays, thus saving costs.
The 4 x 20 alphanumeric LCD module incorporates an array type LED backlight requiring only 160mA at 5VDC, which provides uniform illumination across the active viewing area. The use of Chip-On-Board (COB) technology reduces module thickness to only 12.0mm deep (0.47"), suitable for many applications with limited space. The overall module size is only 89.0mm (W) x 33.4mm (H) (about 3.5" x 1.3").
Unique features of the LM4040 Include:
* 3VDC or 5VDC single power supply operation over wide temperature.
* Typical power consumption of only 25mW with backlight off and 825mW with backlight on.
* All character reverse display function allows the module to be configured for top or bottom view.
* Font table includes many special characters such as arrows, music notes and superscript numbers.
* Wide Temperature Operation: -20° to +70°C (-4° to 158°F).
* Easy Interface with 4-bit and 8-bit MPU or clock synchronized serial mode.
* Heat seal connection and Chip-On-Board (COB) technology used for lightweight (only 1.1oz), rugged, and reliable operation (no elastomeric materials or metal bezel used).
* Prices start at under $14.50 for 1,000pcs. Delivery is from stock to 8 weeks ARO depending on availability.
Densitron Corporation is a leader in flat-panel display technologies and embedded PC products. Densitron designs, manufactures and sells industrial computers, flat-panel industrial monitors, graphic and alphanumeric LCDs, touchscreen display assemblies, and electromechanical actuators. Densitron specializes in engineering the most cost-effective solution to meet its customers' needs, and has the ability to design and manufacture turnkey solutions for the handheld, medical, instrumentation, and industrial OEM markets in America, Asia and Europe. Visit us at www.densitron.com for more information on our products and services. Densitron Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Densitron Technologies PLC (LSE: DSN), which is a publicly held company, traded on the London Stock Exchange as part of the 'techMARK' index.