Press Release Summary:
Designed to identify cause of problems observed during measurement, INSIGHT computes authentic electromagnetic current distributions and extreme near-fields on antenna under test from measured near- or far-field data. Users gain in-depth understanding of antenna radiation by visualizing currents on its surface and reconstructing emitted field at any distance. Program can also detect spurious radiation, calculate safety perimeters, and filter measurements.
Original Press Release:
During EUCAP 2011 (Rome, Italy - April 11 - 14) Microwave Vision Group Launches Insight, a New Software Dedicated to the Diagnosis of Antenna Performance
ROME, -- Thanks to an innovative formulation of the inverse electromagnetic problem, INSIGHT is the first software able to compute authentic electromagnetic current distributions and extreme near-fields on your antenna under test from measured near- or far-field data.
Get a clear view of your antenna's performance
In the antenna design or EMC testing process, the measured radiation pattern or shielding performance does not always correspond to what is expected. Identifying the source of the discrepancies can be a time-consuming process. With INSIGHT, you can reconstruct the equivalent currents and extreme near-field on the antenna: it allows for quick and clear identification of the cause of problems observed during measurement.
Further post-processing tools are available for in-depth investigation.
True to its policy of offering tools that shorten product development times, Microwave Vision releases this new INSIGHT software to help accelerate the design phase / integration of antennas.
The main characteristics
1. Accelerate antenna development: gain an in-depth understanding of the antenna radiation by visualizing the currents on its surface and reconstructing the emitted field at any distance.
2. Diagnose antenna radiation patterns: understand the difference between expected and measured performance.
3. Analyze the interactions between the antenna and its environment (positioner mounting structure, power cable, etc.).
4. Detect spurious radiation (troubleshoot EMC shielding, EMS investigation etc.).
5. Calculate safety perimeters.
6. Filter measurements.
This solution is presented in a sneak preview at the 5th annual EUCAP conference.
About MICROWAVE VISION:
MICROWAVE VISION (NYSE-Euronext: ALMIC) is a leading global manufacturer of test systems and antenna measurement in the fields of Radio Communications, Automotive, Defense and Aerospace.
Learn more: www.microwavevision.com