Press Release Summary:
Safe Air safety air coupler is rated to 232 psi and can be used to protect pneumatics, shop air applications, and other general air handling systems. 2-stage disconnection eliminates pop-off injuries. Stage 1 vents air pressure; stage 2 disconnects coupler. Coupler will not disconnect without manual vent-release step, and it cannot accidentally disconnect. Sizes are 1/4 to 1/2 in., with hose barb, male thread or female thread styles.
Original Press Release:
NewAge Industries Expands Safe Air(TM) Coupler Line And Reduces Prices
Southampton, PA - A unique, two-stage, safety air coupler called SAFE AIR is available from NewAge Industries. SAFE AIR's line has been expanded with more sizes now available, and prices have been significantly reduced. In addition to its safety feature, SAFE AIR offers durability, service under tough conditions, lighter weight than metal counterparts, a simple one-step connection, and an attractive design. SAFE AIR is rated to 232 psi and is used for pneumatics, shop air applications, and other general air handling systems.
The additional sizes now available involve 5/16" and 3/8" dimensions in various coupler parts and came about due to customer inquiries. Because of this growth in the line and increased volume, the company was able to reduce its costs and pass the savings on to the customer. SAFE AIR features include:
* Safety - The special two-stage disconnection design eliminates "pop off' injuries. Stage one vents air pressure; stage two disconnects the coupler. SAFE AIR will not disconnect without this manual vent release step, and it is not possible for the coupler to accidentally disconnect. Simple disconnection instructions are printed right on the coupler.
* Durability -- The smooth, nylon body resists scratches and is less likely than metal couplers to cause scratches. It also weighs much less than similar metal couplers, making it easier to handle and maneuver. Other parts of the coupler are constructed of treated steel.
* Service - SAFE AIR's body is actually a shell that encases the inner workings. Should the durable shell become damaged, the coupler will still hold pressure, operate, and disconnect safely.
* One step connection - simply push the plug into the body; no parts to manipulate.
* ISO - SAFE AIR is the first coupler to meet ISO standard 4414.
SAFE AIR couplers are available in hose barb, male thread, or female thread styles. Industrial interchange plugs come in hose stem or male or female threads. Sizes range from 1/4" through 1/2" hose I.D., MNPT, or FNPT. SAFE AIR is the recommended coupling system for NewAge Premium Air Hose, also available from NewAge Industries. This hose is rated to 300 psi and offered in five popular colors.
About NewAge Industries
In business since 1954, NewAge Industries is a manufacturer and fabricator of thermoplastic and thermoset tubing and hose, and a private-brand master distributor of fittings and clamps. The company offers one of the broadest product lines of tubing, hose, and fittings in the U.S., and its custom extrusion and fabrication services are unrivaled.