Press Release Summary:
5-Axis GENOS M460V-5AX Vertical Machining Center is made of cast iron material and comes in double-column construction. This thermo-friendly unit is equipped with pre-tension ball screws which produce smooth roller guide movement. This auto-tuning product is integrated with sturdy trunnion and hypoid gear drive. Suitable for machining complex parts and exotic metals, GENOS M460V-5AX offers OSP control and measures geometric errors.
Original Press Release:
Okuma Debuts the New, Affordable Excellence, 5-Axis GENOS M460V-5AX Vertical Machining Center
Solidly built double-column construction, a high-speed spindle and intelligent technologies, give this CNC machine the ability to easily cut a variety of exotic metals.
Okuma America Corporation announces the debut of the new 5-axis, GENOS M460V-5AX vertical machining center, combining a full 5-axis simultaneous control with rigid, cast iron, double-column construction and a high-speed spindle. These features give this CNC machine the ability to easily cut a variety of complex parts and exotic metals with speed and precision.
Key Features of the GENOS M460V-5AX
- Spindle: The spindle motor design produces less vibration and power loss at the tool tip for excellent surface finishes
- Pre-Tension Ball Screws: High precision ball screws generate smooth roller guide movement to all three axes and allow for better control of the machining process
- Solid Trunnion: Using a hypoid gear drive, the sturdy trunnion has outstanding accuracy, rigidity and table rotation speed
- OSP Control: Okuma’s open architecture machine control is PC based and allows customization for optimum machining performance
- Thermo-Friendly Concept: Designed and built to be thermally stable to compensate for ambient temperatures around the machine and heat generated during machining - enabling increased accuracies
- 5-Axis Auto-Tuning System: Maintains precise machining and easily fine tunes the machine by measuring geometric errors and automatically adjusting as needed
The GENOS M460V-5AX delivers machining excellence through a small machine footprint, rapid feed rates, precise cutting and smooth surface finishes. For more information on Okuma’s newest 5-axis VMC visit https://www.okuma.com/genos-m460v-5ax-1.
Okuma America Corporation is the U.S.-based sales and service affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. The company is the industry’s only single-source provider, with the CNC machine, drive, motors, encoders, and spindle all manufactured by Okuma. The company also designs its own CNC controls to integrate seamlessly with each machine tool’s functionality. In 2014 Okuma launched the Okuma App Store, the industry’s only centralized online marketplace for machine tool apps and related content. Along with its extensive distribution network (largest in the Americas), and Partners in THINC, Okuma is committed to helping users gain competitive advantage through the open possibilities of machine tools, today and into the future. For more information, visit http://www.okuma.com/americas