ROCK HILL, S.C.,
• Brings its flagship Cube® desktop 3D printer to Inspired Minds classroom program at TCT + Personalize 2015
• Over 300 secondary education students will get hands-on experience with 3D design and fabrication technologies
• 3DS' partners to exhibit range of 3DS' desktop and professional solutions
3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that, for the third consecutive year, it is supporting the Inspired Minds education program at TCT + Personalize, to be held in Birmingham, UK on September 30 - October 1, 2015. As part of its commitment to promoting and advancing digital literacy in K-12 education, 3DS will provide its flagship Cube® desktop 3D printers and Sense™ 3D scanners for the program, enabling students to experience real world design and manufacturing thinking.
"We are excited to partner once again with Rapid News, the TCT Show and Black County Atelier (BCA) on this important education initiative," commented Rajeev Kulkarni, Vice President and Chief Product Officer, 3DS. "We are committed to bringing 21st century tools, programs and technologies to students and schools across the globe and are delighted that the UK remains at the forefront of 3D education."
3DS offers educators complete solutions to make 3D design and printing easy, accessible and impactful, empowering students with tomorrow's skill today. 3DS' Education Kits include a full ecosystem of 3D printers, scanners, design software and Common-Core guided curriculum.
3DS' leading desktop and professional solutions will also be on display at TCT + Personalize in several of its partners' booths, including Cadventure (Hall 3A, Stand C28), CDG (Hall 3A, Stand K14), Europac 3Dimensional (Hall 3A, Stand E44), Faro Technologies UK Ltd (Hall 3A, Stand B32), HK 3D Solutions (Hall 3A, Stand A36), Physical Digital (Hall 3A, Stand D32) and Print It 3D (Hall 3A, Stand D28).
Learn more about 3DS' commitment to manufacturing the future today at www.3dsystems.com.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems provides the most advanced and comprehensive 3D digital design and fabrication solutions available today, including 3D printers, print materials and cloud-sourced custom parts. Its powerful ecosystem transforms entire industries by empowering professionals and consumers everywhere to bring their ideas to life using its vast material selection, including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. 3DS' leading personalized medicine capabilities include end-to-end simulation, training and planning, and printing of surgical instruments and devices for personalized surgery and patient specific medical and dental devices. Its democratized 3D digital design, fabrication and inspection products provide seamless interoperability and incorporate the latest immersive computing technologies. 3DS' products and services disrupt traditional methods, deliver improved results and empower its customers to manufacture the future now.
Leadership through Innovation and Technology
• 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
• 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
• 3DS invented and commercialized its patented, ground-breaking force-feedback haptic devices in 1993.
• 3DS invented the ColorJet Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
• 3DS invented MultiJet Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
• 3DS pioneered virtual surgical simulation (VSS™) and virtual surgical planning (VSP®) as part of its portfolio of leading 3D healthcare products and services.
• 3DS pioneered scan-based design with the release of the patented Geomagic Design X (XOR) software in 2006.
Today its comprehensive range of 3D printers is the industry's benchmark for production-grade manufacturing in aerospace, automotive, patient specific medical device and a variety of consumer, electronic and fashion accessories.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com.
Media Contact: Wendy Pinckney