ROCK HILL, South Carolina, --
- RobotiX Mentor(TM) offers the only hands-on complete procedure training simulator for robotic surgery skills
- LAP Mentor(TM) Cholangiography training module developed to help avoid bile duct injuries
- GI Mentor(TM) flexible endoscopic surgery skills training module to prepare for the SAGES (Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons) FES hands-on test
3D Systems [ http://www.3dsystems.com (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it will exhibit new Simbionix products, an essential part of its growing 3D healthcare portfolio, at the ACS (American College of Surgeons) exhibition, October 27-30, in San Francisco, California. The following products will be featured:
- New RobotiX Mentor [ http://simbionix.com/simulators/robotix-mentor cross-specialty surgery training system specifically addresses increased demand for robotic surgery training as a result of the growing use of robotic-assisted, minimally invasive surgery.
- Debut of a new Simbionix laparoscopic cholangiography training module [ http://simbionix.com/simulators/lap-mentor/library-of-modules/cholangiography slated for commercialization first half of 2015 offers step-by-step training to familiarize surgeons with the procedure and allows them to perfect it while avoiding injuries in a safe environment.
- Initial tasks of the endoscopy training module will be revealed for the first time at ACS. This module prepares trainees for assessment in the fundamental skills required of flexible endoscopic surgery.
"Our tight collaboration with leading associations and physicians ensures that we understand surgeons' needs, and continuously enhance our product portfolio," said Gary Zamler, Vice President and General Manager, Simbionix Products, 3DS. "Our strong technology platform enables us to launch multiple products and content platforms concurrently for the benefit of our customers."
3D Systems' array of Simbionix medical training simulators is part of its expanding portfolio of 3D healthcare solutions [ http://www.3dsystems.com/solutions/healthcare that extend from the training room to the operating room. 3DS' end-to-end platform includes 3D simulation, training, virtual surgical planning, guiding and delivery of 3D printed procedures with many different types of patient specific medical devices. Around the globe on a daily basis, surgeons use the company's Virtual Surgical Planning (VSP(R)) services and patient-specific anatomical models for guiding complex reconstructive surgeries involving the face, orthopedic areas like the hip and knee, and even organs such as the kidney and heart.
Also at ACS 2014, SAGES is offering the FES hands-on test on the GI Mentor Express for the first time ever. The GI Mentor Express [ http://simbionix.com/simulators/gi-bronch-gi-mentor/platforms is a desktop GI Simulation platform. This system now joins the GI Mentor II and GI-BRONCH Mentor as the only qualified and validated platforms for the SAGES FES hands-on exam. As of today, there are 21 FES test centers across North America. This number is expected to grow annually with the FES test becoming a requirement for board certification, as a part of the larger Flexible Endoscopy Curriculum, by the American Board of Surgery (ABS), beginning with surgeons graduating residency in the 2017-2018 academic year.
MentorLearn online curricula management system [ http://simbionix.com/educational-programs/mentorlearn has been expanded to include the URO/PERC Mentor and the VirtaMed HystSim / TURPSim. The system provides a comprehensive solution for training centers with a complete urology curriculum, gynecology curriculum, and general surgery gastrointestinal and laparoscopic curricula all on one system.
Learn more about 3DS' commitment to manufacturing the future today at http://www.3dsystems.com. More information on Simbionix products can be found on http://www.simbionix.com.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems is pioneering 3D printing for everyone. 3DS provides the most advanced and comprehensive 3D design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced custom parts. Its powerful digital thread empowers professionals and consumers everywhere to bring their ideas to life in material choices including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. 3DS' leading healthcare solutions include end-to-end simulation, training and integrated 3D planning and printing for personalized surgery and patient specific medical and dental devices. Its democratized 3D design and inspection products embody the latest perceptual, capture and touch technology. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods with improved results and reduced time to outcomes. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, plan, guide, prototype or produce functional parts, devices and assemblies, empowering customers to manufacture the future.
More information on the company is available at http://www.3dsystems.com.
Media Contact: Alyssa Hoyt