Every year on March 19, the world celebrates National Let’s Laugh Day. While the holiday may not be as well-known as many others, it serves as a good excuse to unwind and have a chuckle. Studies even show that laughter may be good for your health!
While most people don’t associate the manufacturing and industrial sphere with side-splitting jokes and goofy one-liners, there’s still opportunity for a few giggles. So kick back and get ready to laugh your ASME off with these silly industry jokes.
- Q: What do you call an adequate manufacturing plant?
A: A satis-factory.
- Today I was asked about my job manufacturing nuts and bolts.
I told them it was quite riveting.
- I love the smell of abandoned commercial manufacturing plants.
I find it to be a pleasant old factory experience.
- Q: Why did the CEO make everyone at the manufacturing plant go on a diet?
A: She wanted a lean facility.
- The optimist says, “The glass is half full.”
The pessimist says, “The glass is half empty.”
The engineer says, “The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.”
- New engineer: How do you estimate how long a project will take?
Experienced engineer: I add up the time required for each task, then multiply the sum by pi.
New engineer: Why pi?
Experienced engineer: It ensures that all of my budgets are irrational.
- Q: What did one automated robot say to the other?
A: 01001001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100101 01110110 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101010 01101111 01101011 01100101.
- Q: Why did the supply chain manager come to work dressed only in clear plastic wrap?
A: He wanted to achieve a higher level of transparency.
Life — and work — can get pretty serious, but it’s important to let loose once in a while. Don’t just stop at March 19, though; live every day like it’s National Let’s Laugh Day.
Image Credit: Robert Kneschke / Shutterstock.com