Global automotive supplier will exhibit electronics concepts incorporating driver eye gaze and camera-enhanced gesture recognition - plus new connectivity and infotainment solutions - at Las Vegas Convention Center Jan. 7-10
VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC), one of the original automotive suppliers represented at the International CES®, will mark its 15th year at the consumer electronics event in Las Vegas by unveiling several new concepts and industry partnerships focused on a new automotive user experience.
Drawing on innovations from the consumer electronics world, Visteon will display advanced cockpit electronics technologies that deliver a wider choice of information and applications to the driver and passengers while requiring less physical interaction, thus mitigating potential distractions. The Visteon Electronics display will be in Central Plaza #20.
"With our rich automotive heritage and global innovation capability, Visteon is ideally positioned to manage the intersection of consumer electronics and the automobile, which has essentially become the world's largest mobile device," said Timothy D. Leuliette, Visteon president and CEO. "2014 will be an exciting year for Visteon Electronics as we begin to deliver the technologies for the connected car. We look forward to showcasing our capabilities at CES, which has become synonymous with technology innovations."
Highlights of Visteon Electronics' display at CES include:
Advanced vehicle cockpit concepts exploring:
- A unique user interface controlled by the driver's eye gaze and head direction coupled with image attribute tracking;
- The use of gesture recognition, interacting with advanced camera technology, to replicate a virtual display of the driver's hand motion;
- A new connectivity gateway, designed to securely connect all aspects of the vehicle to the user and Cloud computing.
- The first presentation of Visteon's cockpit electronics experience developed for a new connected car project, which includes autonomous driving features, in collaboration with a European car manufacturer.
- Advanced connectivity and infotainment solutions based on open architectures and delivering a new experience of services and applications to drivers and passengers.
- Next-generation user interface products and concepts with advanced instrument display and touch technology, including reconfigurable, high-resolution color displays, offering clarity and graphics quality considered unrivaled in the automotive market.
- The unveiling of Visteon's new premium audio and infotainment; and instrumentation brands.
"Innovation benefiting the driver and passenger occurs when an automotive supplier, consumer electronics companies, and ecosystem partners successfully collaborate to be on the forefront of the technology industry," said Martin T. Thall, newly appointed president of Visteon Electronics. "Consumers' demand for media access and seamless connectivity solutions is changing the face of automotive electronics and Visteon has the technology and capabilities to drive this evolution."
The 2014 International CES will feature more than 3,200 exhibitors unveiling the latest consumer technology products and services across the entire ecosystem of consumer technologies.
Visteon Electronics, a division of Visteon Corporation, is a leading supplier of automotive cockpit electronics that delivers innovative in-vehicle user experiences through solutions in user interfaces, connectivity and open architectures. Supported by a global network of 16 manufacturing facilities, four technical centers and 11 customer centers, Visteon Electronics employs approximately 5,000 people in its consolidated operations.
Visteon is a global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative components and systems for virtually every vehicle manufacturer worldwide through a family of businesses including Visteon Electronics, Visteon Interiors, Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp. and Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. These businesses generated $13.8 billion in sales in 2012 and employ approximately 55,000 people at facilities in 29 countries, including non-consolidated operations. Visteon has corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
Contact: Jonna Christensen, +44.7833.766461, firstname.lastname@example.org, David DeCoste, 313-378-1805, email@example.com
Web Site: http://www.visteon.com