• A special meeting of Airgas’ shareholders has been scheduled for February 23, 2016
• Customary regulatory reviews proceeding as expected
• The parties continue to expect to complete the merger in the second or third quarter of 2016
• Previously committed bridge financing successfully syndicated amongst large group of international banks
Paris, France Radnor (Pennsylvania), USA - Air Liquide (Euronext Paris: AI), world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, and Airgas (NYSE: ARG), the leading supplier of packaged gases and associated products and services in the United States, announce the date of the special meeting of Airgas’ shareholders to approve Air Liquide’s pending acquisition of Airgas. This special meeting is scheduled to take place on February 23, 2016.
The transaction, which was unanimously approved by each of Air Liquide’s and Airgas’ Boards of Directors prior to its announcement, is expected to close following approval by Airgas shareholders, receipt of necessary antitrust and other regulatory approvals, as well as additional customary closing conditions. Both companies are pleased with the progress made to date and the pending transaction is progressing as expected.
• On January 22, 2016, Airgas filed its definitive proxy statement relating to the special meeting of its shareholders to obtain approval of the acquisition (a simple majority of the outstanding shares of Airgas is required). The special meeting is scheduled to take place on February 23, 2016.
• Both Air Liquide and Airgas are actively engaged with the US Federal Trade Commission (the "FTC") in connection with the proposed acquisition of Airgas. The parties are cooperating fully with the FTC’s investigation, including by providing information requested in the FTC’s "second request".
• Assuming timely receipt of the required regulatory clearances and satisfaction of other closing conditions, the parties continue to expect to complete the merger in the second or third calendar quarter of 2016.
• The bridge financing, initially underwritten by Barclays Bank PLC and BNP Paribas, has been syndicated among a large group of international banks, who have longstanding working relationships with Air Liquide. The loan agreement was signed on December 17, 2015.
Airgas files annual, quarterly and current reports, proxy statements and other information, including the principal documents relating to this transaction, with the SEC. Such filings are available to the public free of charge from the SEC website at http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/webusers.htm.
+33 (0)1 40 62 50 84
Air Liquide USA
About Air Liquide
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with more than 50,000 employees and serves more than 2 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Air Liquide ideas create value over the long term. At the core of the company’s development are the commitment and constant inventiveness of its people.
Air Liquide anticipates the challenges of its markets, invests locally and globally, and delivers high-quality solutions to its customers and patients, and the scientific community.
The company relies on competitiveness in its operations, targeted investments in growing markets and innovation to deliver profitable growth over the long-term.
Air Liquide’s revenues amounted to €15.4 billion in 2014, and its solutions that protect life and the environment represented more than 40% of sales. Air Liquide is listed on the Paris Euronext stock exchange (compartment A) and is a member of the CAC 40 and Dow Jones Euro Stoxx 50 indexes.
For more information, please visit www.airliquide.com.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products in the United States. Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants, a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. Approximately 17,000 associates work in more than 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities and distribution centers. Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base. Airgas revenues amounted to $5.3 billion in 2015 (fiscal year ending March 31, 2015).
For more information, please visit www.airgas.com