Turblex Inc. Now Part of Siemens Energy, Inc.

Turblex Inc., acquired by Siemens Energy, Inc., officially adopted the Siemens name effective October 1, 2010. Now known as the Turbomachinery Solutions business segment of the Oil & Gas Division of Siemens Energy, the company remains a leader in the supply of high efficiency centrifugal blowers and solutions for the waste water treatment, coal-fired power plant and industrial markets. While Turblex has been part of the Siemens organization for the past three years, this name change will assist in leveraging the strong global and market-focused strength of the Siemens brand. It affords a company like Turblex to reach into markets and geographies to which it did not have access before.

"Siemens Energy Turbomachinery Solutions' industry-leading products are a great match with the Siemens Energy Oil & Gas and Siemens Water Technologies businesses," stated Colby Mace, VP and general manager of Siemens Energy Inc.'s Turbomachinery Solutions business segment based in Springfield, MO. "We will continue to provide high efficiency, energy-conscious equipment solutions that impact some of the largest energy consuming processes of our customers, and the Siemens brand name will help us increase our market reach and sales potential."

Siemens Turbomachinery Equipment GmbH, previously known as Kuehnle, Kopp & Kausch, owned a 51 percent stake in Turblex when it was acquired by Siemens AG in September 2006. A year later, in September 2007, the remaining 49 percent ownership in Turblex was purchased by Siemens AG. For the last three years, the Turblex and Siemens names have been linked to inform the markets in which Turblex had strong brand recognition that the brand name was changing. Having successfully accomplished that goal, Turblex has now legally merged into Siemens Energy Inc. and adopted the Siemens name.

The Siemens Energy Sector is the world's leading supplier of a complete spectrum of products, services and solutions for the generation, transmission and distribution of power and for the extraction, conversion and transport of oil and gas. In fiscal 2009 (ended September 30), the Energy Sector had revenues of approximately EUR25.8 billion and received new orders totaling approximately EUR30 billion and posted a profit of EUR3.3 billion. On September 30, 2009, the Energy Sector had a work force of more than 85,100. Further information is available at: http://www.siemens.com/energy.

Media Relations:

Monika Wood



Siemens Energy, Inc.

All Topics