Jeffrey H. Helms, Ph.D., global automotive OEM manager - Ticona, the engineering polymers business of Celanese Corporation, will deliver a keynote speech on “Navigating Global Regulations Specifications - Materials Supplier Perspective” at the 8th Annual SPE® Automotive Engineering Plastics Conference (AutoEPCON) on Tuesday, April 30, in Troy, Mich.
Helms will highlight various government and automotive industry standards - fuel economy, lightweighting, volatile organic compounds - and how Ticona is helping global OEMs meet these initiatives.
Ticona, a premier sponsor, also will present five papers during the SPE AutoEPCON conference in the Michigan State University Management Education Center:
• “New Developments in Laser Direct Structuring (LDS) LCP Enable Greater Wireless Connectivity for Infotainment and Navigation Platforms” by Edson Ito and Trevor Whitson
• “PCT as an Outstanding Polyester Alternative for Demanding Electrical and Under Hood Applications” by Bing Lu and Trevor Whitson
• “Flexible Polyoxymethylene Performance in Fuels” by Oliver Jünger, Ralf Langhammer, Jeremy Klug, Kamran Mehboob, & Dwight Smith
• “Integrated Anisotropic Simulation for Components Made From Glass Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics” by Roland Peter of Inteva Roof Systems; Ulrich Mohr-Matuschek, Anton Grzeschik and David Sheridan of Ticona
• “Low Gloss, Low Emission UV Stabilized Polyacetal Copolymer (POM)” by Bruce M. Mulholland
Helms will be joined at the SPE AutoEPCON by three other keynote speakers:
• Erid Fedewa, director-powertrain forecasts, IHS Automotive - “Auto Outlook & Landscape”
• Thomas Hollowell, Ph.D., consultant, American Chemistry Council - “Saving 900 lbs. in an ACC & NHTSA Pickup Truck Project”
• Alan Taub, Ph.D., professor, University of Michigan, Materials Science & Engineering - “Role of Polymers in Future Lightweight Material Structures”
Ticona encourages you to visit the Automotive and Transportation section of its website. Read how Ticona engineering polymers offer a spectrum of advanced properties that are helping automotive original equipment manufacturers and tier suppliers improve quality while reducing weight and lowering production costs.
DCP Press Relations
518-479-7632 - Office
518-428-1072 - Cell