Receive industry and products news from the market categories that matter to you most.
Stay up to date on industry news and trends, product announcements and the latest innovations.
Ten Manufacturing Professionals elected to SME College of Fellows.
Press Release Summary:
Aug 02, 2016 - SME elected JosephÂ Beaman, SandraÂ Bouckley, Hitomi Yamaguchi Greenslet, Behrokh Khoshnevis, Brad L. Kinsey, Ashok Kumar, Lonnie Love, ZJ Pei, Tony Schmitz, and Hong-Chao Zhang to its 2016 College of Fellows. In addition to contributions to manufacturing, 2016 honorees have, through teaching, leadership and guidance, helped students and young professionals in their own pursuits of advanced manufacturing degrees and careers in manufacturing.
Original Press Release
Manufacturing Professionals Elevated to Prestigious SME College of Fellows
Press release date: Jul 27, 2016
SME Fellows are professionals from industry, research and academia with more than 20 years of experience in manufacturing and have had a demonstrated impact on the social, technological and educational aspects of the manufacturing profession.
The 2016 honorees have made significant contributions to manufacturing, including additive manufacturing, aerospace engineering, manufacturing operations, material science, ultrasonic machining, biofuel manufacturing and sustainable manufacturing. From the earliest stages of innovation and development through production application and implementation, SME Fellows are at the forefront of manufacturing.
In addition, through teaching, leadership and guidance, they’ve helped many students and young professionals in their own pursuits of advanced manufacturing degrees and careers in manufacturing.
“Inclusion in the SME College of Fellows is a prestigious recognition for a career well-served,” said 2016 SME President Dean Bartles, PhD, FSME. “These accomplished professionals instruct, inspire and lead. We’re proud to recognize their accomplishments, achievements and contributions to manufacturing.”
2016 Class of SME Fellows:
• Joseph J. Beaman, ScD, FSME, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas.
• Sandra L. Bouckley, FSME, GKN Driveline Americas, Auburn Hills, Michigan.
• Hitomi Yamaguchi Greenslet, Dr. Eng., FSME, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida.
• Behrokh Khoshnevis, PhD, FSME, University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
• Brad L. Kinsey, PhD, FSME, University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire.
• Ashok Kumar, PhD, FSME, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida.
• Lonnie Love, PhD, FSME, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
• ZJ Pei, PhD, FSME, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas.
• Tony Schmitz, PhD, FSME, University of North Carolina Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina.
• Hong-Chao Zhang, PhD, FSME, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas.
The 2016 SME Fellows will be recognized during SME’s Fall Awards & Installation Banquet Nov. 12 in Rochester Hills, Michigan. As part of their recognition, the 2016 Fellows will receive lifetime, dues-free membership and can utilize the credentials “FSME” (“Fellow of SME”) after their names.
Nominations for the 2017 Class of SME Fellows are due on Dec. 1. Award information and nomination form can be found at sme.org/fellows. Nominees must be members of SME.
SME connects all those who are passionate about making things that improve our world. As a nonprofit organization, SME has served practitioners, companies, educators, government and communities across the manufacturing spectrum for more than 80 years. Through its strategic areas of events, media, membership, training and development, and the SME Education Foundation, SME is uniquely dedicated to the advancement of manufacturing by addressing both knowledge and skills needed for the industry. Learn more at sme.org, follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.
Don't miss the latest news!