(Indianapolis, IN) – Specialty Coating Systems (SCS) is pleased to announce that it will host a Surface Modification Seminar entitled, “Increasing Reliability through Advanced Conformal Coating Technology.” The seminar is scheduled to take place Thursday, November 5, 2015 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Hotel Gasthof zur Post in Munich, Germany.
During the half-day seminar, SCS will offer industry expertise on coating with the unique polymer Parylene. This interactive presentation will present multi-industry coating topics designed to address some of the most common surface modification challenges facing the medical device, electronics, automotive and military/aerospace industries.
Participants will learn about Parylene’s:
• Moisture barrier properties
• Dielectric withstand to 7kV @ 25 μm
• Chemical resistance against almost ALL chemicals
• Thermal capabilities up to 450°C
• Dry-film lubricity competing with PTFE
• Biostability and biocompatibility for medical implants
Participants will also discover why Parylene is used in:
• Stents, pacemakers, electrosurgical electronics, TAVR devices and neurostimulation implants
• Pharmaceutical applications, such a containers and prefilled syringes
• Avionics electronics, including backplanes, sensors and power supplies
• Automotive electronics, including engine controls sensors and TPMS
• MEMS and semiconductor fabrication devices
• and many more applications
The seminar is free, but seating is limited. To register, visit www.SCSseminars.com. Registration closes on Thursday, October 29, 2015.
For more information about SCS and how Parylene conformal coatings can protect your advanced technologies, contact SCS at +1.317.244.1200 or visit www.scscoatings.com.
About Specialty Coating Systems
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, SCS is the worldwide leader in Parylene conformal coating services, systems, and materials. SCS has over 40 years of application experience and expertise in the medical device, electronics, automotive and military industries. With eleven coating facilities throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia, SCS leverages its worldwide Parylene coating resources in order to meet its customers’ needs on a global basis. The company also offers industry-leading liquid coating systems, including spray, spin and dip coating systems, and ionic contamination test systems. To find out more about SCS and its industry-leading product lines, visit the company’s website at www.scscoatings.com.
Marketing Communications Manager
7645 Woodland Drive
Indianapolis, Indiana 46278 USA