Press Release Summary:
Recognized at the annual SME banquet on Nov. 12, SME announces manufacturing professionals for new leadership roles in 2017. Officers to be installed are: Sandra L. Bouckley, FSME, 2017 SME President President-Elect; Thomas R. Kurfess, PhD, FSME, PE, Georgia Institute of Technology Vice President; Mark L. Michalski, MKS Instruments Treasurer; Susan M. Smyth, PhD, FSME, General Motors Secretary; and, Michael D. Packer, FSME, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co.
Original Press Release:
SME Installs 2017 Officers of its Board of Directors, Elects 10 to College of Fellows
Board of Directors will take office in January 2017
SME has recognized several professionals who will assume new leadership roles in the organization for 2017. These manufacturing professionals were recognized at the annual SME banquet on Nov. 12.
Officers of SME are chosen by a nominating committee and selected by the SME Board of Directors. These directors are elected annually by the entire voting membership of the organization.
2017 officers installed are:
• Sandra L. Bouckley, FSME, 2017 SME President President-Elect
• Thomas R. Kurfess, PhD, FSME, PE, Georgia Institute of Technology Vice President
• Mark L. Michalski, MKS Instruments Treasurer
• Susan M. Smyth, PhD, FSME, General Motors Secretary
• Michael D. Packer, FSME, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co.
SME also recognized its 2016 Class of Fellows, who are selected once a year from among the highest achievers of industry, academia and government, and nominated only by honorary, fellow, life or professional members of SME. Those selected as fellows have 20 years or more of manufacturing experience and expertise. They have contributed notably to the social, technological and educational benefit of manufacturing and the engineering profession.
2016 SME College of Fellows are:
• Joseph J. Beaman, ScD, FSME, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas.
• Sandra L. Bouckley, FSME, 2017 SME President, Oxford, Michigan
• Hitomi Yamaguchi Greenslet, Dr. Eng., FSME, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida.
• Behrokh Khoshnevis, PhD, FSME, University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
• Brad L. Kinsey, PhD, FSME, University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire.
• Ashok Kumar, PhD, FSME, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida.
• Lonnie Love, PhD, FSME, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
• ZJ Pei, PhD, FSME, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas.
• Tony Schmitz, PhD, FSME, University of North at Carolina Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina.
• Hong-Chao Zhang, PhD, FSME, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas.
Nominations are currently being accepted for the 2017 SME College of Fellows. Submit nominations on or before Dec. 1 at sme.org/fellows.
SME connects all those who are passionate about making things that improve our world. As a nonprofit organization, SME has served practitioners, companies, educators, government and communities across the manufacturing spectrum for more than 80 years. Through its strategic areas of events, media, membership, training and development, and the SME Education Foundation, SME is uniquely dedicated to the advancement of manufacturing by addressing both knowledge and skills needed for the industry. Learn more at sme.org, follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg. If you have questions about the press release or need additional information, please contact SME Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.