Quaker Chemical Highlights QUINTOLUBRIC® 702-46 RD and QUAKERTEK™ BGG
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., May 2, 2017 - Steel mills face complex challenges in manufacturing where process fluids can optimize operations. Quaker Chemical Corporation (NYSE:KWR, "Quaker"), a longstanding supplier of steel fluids, offers integrated process solutions ranging from cleaners, rolling oils, corrosion preventives, temper fluids, and surface treatment, which will be featured at AISTech 2017 - the Steel industry's premier technology event.
Furthermore, for many mills, the threat of fire is very real. Hydraulic systems operating under high pressure can ignite through sudden line ruptures or by coming into contact with a high temperature ignition source. These occurrences can dramatically impact production. At the same time, in some processes, the less obvious factors can affect productivity. Corrosion and washout caused by water contamination and ingress lead to frequent maintenance needs and possibly, equipment failure.
Quaker addresses these challenges with QUINTOLUBRIC® 702-46 RD, a water glycol based fire-resistant hydraulic fluid, and QUAKERTEK™ BGG, a water-resistant lithium complex grease.
Designed to provide optimum performance in hydraulic systems where fire-resistant fluids are required, QUINTOLUBRIC® 702-46 RD features:
- FM (Factory Mutual) Approval
- Superior liquid and vapor phase corrosion protection when compared to competitive products
- Excellent stability with a high viscosity index
Formulated for use in areas where water-resistance is a primary concern, QUAKERTEK™ BGG grease:
- Seals out water and contaminants
- Provides long-term lubrication and corrosion protection where constant water exposure is common
- Performs well in high temperature applications due to its dropping point of > 500ºF (260ºC)
Quaker's entire steel portfolio, (https://www.quakerchem.com/expert-experience/industry-expertise/steel ), will be at AISTech 2017 - Booth 1503 (https://www.quakerchem.com/aistech-2017) from May 8 to 10 at the Music City Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Technical experts from Quaker will presenting papers during the conference sessions:
- "Friction & Microsurface in Steel Cold Rolling Investigated in Pilot Mill Trials," by Bas Smeulders, Research Scientist, on Monday, May 8 at 3:30 pm
- "Examples of How Fire-Resistant Grease Improved Work Safety and Reduced Fire Hazards in Steel Plants" by Tim Mattern, Global Business Development Manager–Grease, on Tuesday, May 9 at 11:00 am
With a complete range of integrated process fluids and a commitment to customer service to troubleshoot issues, Quaker strives to meet the steel industry's demand for greater efficiency, improved working conditions, and reduced total cost.
About Quaker Chemical Corporation:
Quaker Chemical is a leading global provider of process fluids, chemical specialties, and technical expertise to a wide range of industries, including steel, aluminum, automotive, mining, aerospace, tube and pipe, cans, and others. For nearly 100 years, Quaker has helped customers around the world achieve production efficiency, improve product quality, and lower costs through a combination of innovative technology, process knowledge, and customized services. Headquartered in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania USA, Quaker serves businesses worldwide with a network of dedicated and experienced professionals whose mission is to make a difference. Visit quakerchem.com to learn more.
SOURCE Quaker Chemical Corporation
Web Site: http://www.quakerchem.com