With First 84-inch class Ultra HD Commercial Screen, IPS Display Solutions, LG Electronics Drives Change in U.S. Digital Signage Industry
ORLANDO, Fla. – Led by the industry's first 84-inch class (84.0 inch measured diagonally) "Ultra High-Definition" 4K digital signage display*, LG Electronics USA is raising the bar for the digital signage industry in 2013 - with a focus on higher-resolution, higher-brightness energy-efficient LED displays that allow businesses to use digital signage in new, exciting ways, while helping to transform the North American digital signage market.
At InfoComm 2013 here this week (booth# 1923), LG is demonstrating its broad line of commercial LED digital signage and display solutions, including stunning outdoor displays, versatile ultra-wide signage, expansive video walls, and high-end commercial-grade digital signage systems.
"With the needs of business owners and venue operators constantly evolving, it's imperative that technology act as a tool for effectively delivering their agenda to a vast audience in a way that differentiates the business from competitors," said Y.K. Cho, B2B senior vice president, LG Electronics USA. "LG is constantly seeking ways to not only expand its portfolio, but increase display performance. That's why this year we've focused on delivering a compelling line-up of energy efficient digital display solutions that not only move business owners' strategies to the next level, but also allow them to use digital signage in ways that were previously unachievable."
LG's flagship digital signage monitor for 2013 is its 84-inch class (84.0 inch measured diagonally) Ultra HD Signage Display. Boasting pixel resolution of 3840 x 2160, four times higher than Full HD displays, it offers the sharpest picture available on a large-screen display.
Integrated into all LED models, including the 84-inch class Ultra HD screen, is LG's In Plane Switching (IPS) panel technology that helps ensure accurate color saturation and contrast at wide-angle viewing (both horizontal and vertical), resulting in a display with great picture quality that can be installed at virtually any angle or height. LG's unique display technology also provides a temperature tolerance of up to 230 degrees Fahrenheit (110 degrees Celsius), which helps alleviate a common problem of screens overheating, affecting picture quality.
"The digital signage landscape is evolving rapidly as technology continues to progress at a very fast rate. Many of the new display products being launched not only adapt to the current environment and infrastructure, but many are also driving innovation and changing the environment altogether," said Todd Fender, Senior Analyst at NPD DisplaySearch. "Higher resolution displays are opening up new opportunities, while transparent displays are re-inventing retail applications and larger LCD displays are starting to displace alternative technologies or eliminating the costs and redundancies of utilizing smaller displays."
Signage for All Environments
LG demonstrated the breadth of its 2013 LED digital signage family and includes the world's first Ultra HD digital signage, along with stunning outdoor displays, versatile ultra-wide signage, expansive video walls, high-end pro-grade digital signage and LG EcoSmart™ features.
"Our high-brightness, and Ultra HD displays reflect the tremendous growth in the industry since InfoComm last year," Said Dan Smith, Digital Signage Director, LG Electronics USA. "These are not just theoretical technologies for LG, but products that we are shipping and installing now."
- World's First Ultra HD Signage Display: The new Ultra HD commercial
widescreen LED screen (model 84WS70MS-B) provides immersive wide viewing with a high quality and vivid picture featuring Ultra HD technology, quadrupling FULL HD resolution to 8 million pixels. The Ultra HD 2160p display has a bezel width of just 27.9mm at its thinnest point. The 84-inch class Ultra HD display may be mounted in portrait or landscape mode and also features a multi-touch option perfect for commercial applications.
- Stunning Outdoor Displays: The 72-inch class (72.0 inches measured diagonally) LG 72WX50MF Outdoor Display features technologies that make it a well-suited solution for delivering messages in outdoor spaces. In addition to LG's IPS panel technology, the 72WX50MF features LG's Shine Out™ technology, which is designed to deflect ambient light, helping to avoid color wash out or lackluster images.
- Easy-To-Use Digital Signage: LG's 55LN549E EzSign TV expands the innovative technology that made the original, award winning EzSign TVs great with the powerful display technology LED lighting offers. EzSign TV offers customizable signage content running simultaneously with live TV or another external media source, attracting attention while delivering messaging to consumers, while LED lighting improves the image quality and energy efficiency of the ENERGY STAR® qualified model.
- Versatile Stretch Screen: LG will also showcase a series of real-life settings in which the 21:9 and 16:4 aspect ratio of its stretch screen (models 29WR30 and 38WR50MS, respectively) can be used to produce a stunning effect. Whether used to display news and advertising, or as a virtual banner, providing up-to-the-minute information at bus stops, movie theaters or restaurants, these products are perfect for areas with a limited space.
- Expansive Video Walls. Perfect for hotel lobbies, retail environments and more, the backlit 55WV70MD offers Full HD 1080p picture and is expandable up to 15 x 15 tiles. This 55-inch class (54.6-inch measured diagonally) monitor has an ultra narrow bezel of only 3.4mm (left/top) and 1.9mm (right/bottom), and functions in both portrait and landscape mode. It also incorporates an IPS panel, 800nit brightness, Local Dimming technology, Shine Out technology, and LG's CINEMA 3D technology.
- High-End Pro-Grade Digital Signage. LG's WL10MS, WL30MS and WS50MS series are Full HD 1080p edge-lit LEDs with IPS panels. The WL10MS and WS50MS series are both compatible with Slot PC media plays, while the WL30MS features an external media player attachment option. The WSL10MS is available in 32-inch class (31.5-inch measured diagonally) size, the WL30MS and the WS50MS in 42- and 47-inch class sizes (42.0-, 47.0-inch measured diagonally, respectively).
LG LED signage displays are ENERGY STAR® certified and incorporate LG's EcoSmart features, which allows for multiple manual and automatic options for energy conservation, providing an ideal solution for corporate and lodging environments looking to save on energy costs. EcoSmart includes the following energy saving features:
- Dynamic Power Savings - reduces power consumption and optimizes picture settings,
- Static Power Savings - allows the installer to set the preferred power consumption level, and
- Intelligent Sensor - allows integrators to program the display to respond to the ambient light in the room and automatically reduce brightness and energy output under most circumstances
About LG Electronics USA
The LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business (B2B) division serves customers in the U.S. lodging and hospitality, digital signage, systems integration, healthcare, education, government and industrial markets. Based in Lincolnshire, Ill., with its dedicated engineering and customer support team, the B2B division delivers technology solutions tailored to the particular needs of business environments. LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $45 billion global force in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics is a 2013 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. For more information, please visit www.LGSolutions.com.
*No "ultra definition" or "4K" video content is currently available. May not be compatible with all UHD broadcast standards if and when developed.
Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice.
LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA
Web Site: http://www.LGSolutions.com