Integration of the Russell Compact Sieve in a Powder Coating Line Reduces Waste and Elevates Productivity at Global Manufacturer

A subsidiary of the Profel Group, Profel Extrusion Finishing is a Belgium-based company that specializes in the extrusion of aluminum. Overall, Profel Extrusion Finishing processes around 14,000 tons of aluminum per year; using 20% of processed material for the production of its windows and doors. The remaining 80% is sold to European customers; mainly within the construction industry. To ensure only high quality frame products are supplied, the powder paint is screened before it is applied to eliminate any irregularities in the aluminum profiles.

The company initially used small vibratory sieves in production, but could not meet capacity requirements nor achieve screening accuracy needed. Looking for improved quality and efficiency, the company then approached Russell Finex for a solution to their processing problems.  Following consultations, a Russell Compact Sieve® fitted with a Vibrasonic® Deblinding System was recommended and provided promptly for testing at the facility’s site to ensure the high quality standards could be met. After successful trials, Profel Extrusion & Finishing purchased four Russell Compact Sieves; each fitted with a Vibrasonic® Deblinding System.

The Russell Compact Sieve® is a vibratory sieve that can easily be installed into existing production lines due to its compact size. Two of the four compact sieves purchased by Profel Extrusion & Finishing were installed at the end of the powder paint manufacturing line; while the other two were installed within the powder coating line to sieve reclaimed powder paint. With the Russell Compact Sieves installed, Profel Extrusion & Finishing experienced less downtime and their internal quality assurance department reported less rejected profiles.

Contact Russell Finex for more information regarding the Russell Compact Sieve, to discuss your separation requirements, or schedule a product test.

More from Sensors, Monitors & Transducers

All Topics