Press Release Summary:
ASTM has released Manual 58, Petroleum Refining and Natural Gas Processing. Handbook includes latest information on petroleum and hydrocarbon processing, refining, transportation, and storage. It also covers design and operational aspects of refinery units; planning, scheduling, and management of refineries; alternative fuels, such as hydrogens and biofuels; environmental and safety issues; and new test methods, specifications, and quality of petroleum products.
Original Press Release:
Petroleum Refining and Natural Gas Processing Handbook Available from ASTM International
ASTM International has released a new compilation, Manual 58, Petroleum Refining and Natural Gas Processing. This one-of-a-kind comprehensive handbook provides the latest industry and research advances in petroleum refining, natural gas processing and refinery management.
More than 40 scientists, experts and professionals from both academia and industry have contributed to the 33 chapters in this handbook. Manual 58’s unique features include:
• The latest information on petroleum and hydrocarbon processing, refining, transportation and storage;
• Emphasis on heavy oil processing and residue upgrading;
• Development of new catalysts, reactors, controllers, simulators, online analyzers and waste minimization;
• Design and operational aspects of refinery units;
• Planning, scheduling and management of refineries;
• Financial and economic aspects of petroleum refining processes;
• Alternative fuels, such as hydrogen and biofuels;
• Environmental and safety issues in petroleum processing;
• New test methods, specifications, and quality of various petroleum products;
• Refinery inspection and maintenance; and
• New advances and trends towards future refineries.
Manual 58, Petroleum Refining and Natural Gas Processing, is available for $260 USD in print (ISBN: 978-0-8031-7022-3; Stock #: MNL58) or electronically (ISBN: 978-0-8031-8681-1; Stock #: MNL58-EB).
To purchase ASTM publications, search by stock number on the ASTM Web site (www.astm.org), or contact ASTM Customer Relations (phone: 877-909-ASTM; firstname.lastname@example.org).
ASTM Staff Contact: