ELECTRI-FLEX COMPANY, Roselle, IL USA, manufactures flexible electrical conduits designed for Data Center installations. Liquatite® provides high-quality Data Center wiring protection solutions that offer physical protection to wires and cables, conduit colors that identify critical circuitry, UL listed and CSA certified varieties, halogen-free, low fire hazard solution types, and even Power Distribution Assembly Whips, ideal for fast and easy on-site installations.
Data Center wiring solutions can help with safety, fast installations, circuitry identification and provide long-lasting quality products. Materials that address safety concerns continue to increase in use and flexible conduit types which address these concerns are those with a polyurethane jacketing. This jacketing type is halogen-free and reduce the risk of potential toxic smoke and fire spread in the event of a fire. They are a low fire hazard solution with selfextinguishing characteristics and provide increased safety to any enclosed space. Another solution includes colored conduits that are used to help identify wiring. Common colors used in data centers include gray, computer blue, green, red, orange, yellow, plus many more. Prefabrication methods are also increasing due to labor shortages or to increase efficiency and speed in installations. Power Distributor Assembly whips are fully customizable with conductors, conduit types, tail lengths and more.
Data Center wiring can be installed in overhead distribution systems or from under a raised floor in ladder racks. Flexible electrical conduit is used in either application and protects important wiring from dust and debris, as well as help in identifying wiring through the use of colored conduit jackets. Electri-Flex manufactures a variety of both jacketed and unjacketed flexible conduits that are ideally suited for these applications.
- Type CBLA is the most commonly used type of jacketed flexible conduit. It is easily identifiable with its computer blue jacketing color, is both UL listed and CSA certified, made with a hot-dipped galvanized steel core, and has a flexible PVC jacketing.
- Type LA is also UL listed and CSA certified and comes in a variety of colors, such as gray, red, blue, green, yellow, orange and many more. It is also made with a hot-dipped galvanized steel core and PVC jacketing.
- Type ZHLA is a Zero-Halogen, or Halogen-Free, low fire hazard solution and ideally suited for enclosed installations. The core is made of a hot-dipped galvanized steel but the jacketing is a flexible, zero-halogen polyurethane. It omits low amounts of non-toxic smoke, has a low flame spread, and is self-extinguishing.
- Types BR and ABR are unjacketed varieties that are UL listed and CSA certified with many universal wiring applications. Type BR is made from hot-dipped galvanized steel and ABR is made of a high-strength aluminum alloy, weighing 1/3 of the weight of BR.
- Power Distribution Assembly Whips provide high quality, UL listed components that are available in a variety of colors, jacketing options and components. They can be customized to any specification. Connector types include NEMA Locking, Russellstoll®, and IEC Pin and Sleeve. These whips can be made from Types CBLA, LA, ZHLA, BR, ABR, and more, as well as with different jacketing colors. These are 100% inspected & pretested before shipment and offer custom tail lengths to any specification.
Download the latest technical article featuring ideal conduit solutions for Data Center installations, as well as the supporting sales sheet at https://www.electriflex.com/resource-library/.
Electri-Flex Company, a leader in electrical conduit design and manufacture for 65 years, produces Liquatite®, the most diverse line of liquidtight flexible electrical conduit in the industry. The company offers custom design, engineering, quality assurance and testing capabilities. For more information on Electri-Flex Company, call (630) 529-2920 or (800) 323-6174; fax: (630) 529-0482; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; visit: www.electriflex.com; or write: 222 West Central Avenue, Roselle, IL, 60172-1994.
Contact: Janelle Blazejewski
Phone: (630) 529-2920