The Metal Powder Industries Federation's (MPIF) Awards Committee has announced the recipients of the 2021 MPIF Distinguished Service to Powder Metallurgy (PM) Award that recognizes individuals who have actively served the North American PM industry for at least 25 years and, in the minds of their peers, deserve special recognition.
2021 Award Recipients (Company name in parenthesis indicates employer at time of retirement)
- Rodney Brennen, Metco Industries Inc.
- James R. Dale, (Metal Powder Industries Federation)
- Scott Davis, Hoeganaes Corporation
- Peter A. dePoutiloff, PMTII, SSI Sintered Technologies
- Utpal (Paul) Gangapadhyay, MPP
- Claus Joens, Elnik System
- John L. Johnson, Novamet Specialty Products
- Arthur E. (Bud) Jones, Symmco, Inc.
- Enrique Lavernia, Univ of California Irvine
- Stephen C. McCrossan, Plansee USA LLC
- Salvator Nigarura, Global Tungsten & Powders Corp.
- Gregory D. Wallis, Dorst America, Inc.
The awards ceremony will take place during PowderMet2021, June 20–23, Orlando, Florida.
About the Metal Powder Industries Federation
Metal Powder Industries Federation is the North American trade association formed by the powder metallurgy industry to advance the interests of the metal powder producing and consuming industries and provides a single point of reference for all MPIF member companies.