GS7K Recognized for Delivering Massive Data Throughput and Petabyte Scale Capacity to Video Management Systems, Access Control Systems, Analytics and Analysis Systems
SANTA CLARA, Calif. —
• Building on the momentum of this month's 2015 ISC West in Las Vegas, April 15-17, DDN® Storage (DDN) today announced that the Security Industry Association (SIA) has selected the DDN GS7K™ appliance as the winner of the New Product Showcase (NPS) competition in the Video Surveillance storage category.
• The SIA awards are the security industry's premier awards-based program, and the GS7K was recognized as one of the year's most innovative products, services and solutions.
• As new levels of video resolution in edge devices, camera counts and always-on surveillance systems become more prevalent, 'petabyte scale' has become the new standard in physical security storage. In response to this, state-wide, metropolitan, and critical infrastructure organizations including law enforcement, corrections, public transportation, retail, housing, hotels, casinos, universities, landmarks and more, are looking for more effective and reliable ways to store, archive and distribute data for video analytics and security workflows, with a goal of faster and more efficient delivery of content, rapid response and threat mitigation.
• The GS7K is ideal for surveillance workflows that demand massive data throughput performance and petabyte scale capacity expansion inside a small footprint. An all-in-one appliance, the GS7K executes partial drive rebuilds and reduces degraded system performance commonly associated with general purpose storage platforms that suffer serious performance degradation in any drive failure and full drive rebuilds.
• Removing data related bottlenecks by providing parallel access to surveillance data, the GS7K easily handles 1200 6Mb/s camera streams within this all-in-one 4U appliance. Starting at under 100 terabytes of capacity, users experience non-disruptive expansion on demand to nearly four petabytes in 20U or less than half a data center rack, as well as seamless compatibility with virtually any video management system software.
• Evaluated by a panel of engineers and industry experts, DDN GS7K received SIA's New Product Showcase award for its innovation, feature set, cost efficiency and performance in serving the industry.
Next Generation Storage Solutions for Video Surveillance
• By combining high density and efficiency with massive capacity capabilities, DDN's GS7K appliance is the proven storage platform for today's data intensive applications such as video surveillance and data capture.
• As more organizations look to overhaul their physical security infrastructures to keep pace with the scale, performance and density demands of increasing data storage requirements, DDN's GS7K platform provides a high performance solution with massive concurrency and scalability to meet surveillance needs today and in the future. Purpose built to be an easy-to-deploy parallel file system appliance, the GS7K manages video surveillance data easily. DDN storage offers the highest levels of efficiency with seamless support for 100s to 1000s of cameras which means security teams can bring more cameras online, raise recording resolution, add motion or recognition analytics and expand surveillance hours. With high capacity density and the ability to consolidate multiple systems, the GS7K minimizes TCO, optimizes surveillance storage resources to reduce costs and passes cost-savings benefits back to the end user.
• GS7K is designed for simple, efficient and scalable surveillance storage deployment to optimize environments in partnership with Video Management System (VMS) partners such as DVTel, Genetec, Milestone, OnSSI and Verint.
• Whether an organization is centralizing a campus solution or deploying a distributed environment to secure a municipality or transit system, DDN ensures that real-time video surveillance storage or archived footage is reliable and available, enabling organizations to keep pace with ever-increasing data workflow requirements.
• SIA CEO, Don Erickson"Each year, the companies competing in SIA's New Product Showcase at ISC West present the leading-edge security solutions that are shaping the industry. These new technologies and solutions are the drivers that are moving the security industry forward, and I congratulate DDN on their win at this year's NPS."
• DDN CMO, Molly Rector "In order to keep pace with the growing number of camera feeds and migration from analog to IP and higher resolution cameras, users require content management and distribution infrastructures that have the performance, scalability and cost-efficiency to deliver escalating amounts of data at the levels that video surveillance workflows demand. We've developed the GS7K to meet these evolving security and analytics needs. This recognition by SIA New Product Showcase confirms DDN's broad capabilities in meeting the needs of video surveillance storage customers and we are delighted to receive it."
DDN Storage (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
DDN Media Contact:
Sr. Director, Global Corporate Communications
DataDirect Networks (DDN)
Web Site: http://www.ddn.com