Fifth Module of the 2019 PLM MAR Report Series
ANN ARBOR, Michigan, 14 August 2019-CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces the release of the CIMdata PLM Geography Analysis Report, the fifth of five modules of the CIMdata 2019 PLM Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2018. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The PLM market grew to $47.8 billion overall in 2018 (9.4% growth over 2017). For 2018, EMEA had 33.4% of the PLM market, with the Americas at 37.8%, and Asia-Pacific with 28.8%. The Americas region is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% to reach $26.7 billion in 2023. EMEA and AP will have CAGRs of 8.3% and 8.6% respectively. EMEA will grow to $24.1 billion and AP will reach $21.3 billion in 2023.
"The global PLM market grew strongly in 2018, above our forecasts," states Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata VP and research lead. "The leading PLM solution providers are consolidating their portfolios after years of acquisitions, and increasing revenues in 2018, in part, by expanding their footprints at their existing clients. Industrial companies are using PLM to enable highly collaborative, distributed, flexible design and manufacturing environments to help better manage the entire product or plant lifecycle. This ability is critical to all industries and only becomes more complex as smart, connected products must act as parts of larger systems. Another big driver of PLM growth is the push toward digital transformation and Industry 4.0, which must be powered by strong PLM strategies and enabling solutions in manufacturing companies. Autodesk's resurgence after completing their move to subscription licensing played a big role, particularly in segments where they are strong like mechanical computer-aided design and architecture, engineering, and construction."
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2019 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata's complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2018, forecasts of investments for 2019 through 2023, and a summary of PLM solution providers' performance in 2018.
- The CIMdata 2019 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2018, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2019 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, CAM S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata's estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2019 through 2023.
- The CIMdata 2019 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2018 market results, by major geography. CIMdata's 2018 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2019 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2018 market results. CIMdata's 2019 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process-petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. Parts of the MAR are available as part of the CIMdata PLM Community Memberships. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.
For more information, contact:
Cheryl Peck, Director of Marketing
Tel: +1 734.668.9922
In Europe, the Middle East & Africa contact:
Gerard Litjens, Vice President EMEA
Tel: +31 (0) 495.533.666
CIMdata, a leading independent worldwide firm, provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise's ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. Since its founding in 1983, CIMdata has delivered world-class knowledge, expertise, and best-practice methods on PLM solutions. These solutions incorporate both business processes and a wide-ranging set of PLM-enabling technologies.
CIMdata works with both industrial organizations and providers of technologies and services seeking competitive advantage in the global economy. In addition to consulting, CIMdata conducts research, provides PLM-focused subscription services, and produces several commercial publications. The company also provides industry education through PLM certificate programs, seminars, and conferences worldwide. CIMdata serves clients around the world from offices in North America, Europe, and Asia- Pacific. To learn more about CIMdata's services, visit our website at www.CIMdata.com, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CIMdataPLMNews, or contact CIMdata at: 3909 Research Park Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA, Tel: +1 734.668.9922. Fax: +1 734.668.1957; or at Oogststraat 20, 6004 CV Weert, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 (0) 495.533.666.