Press Release Summary:
Papers are invited for 11th International Symposium on Rolling Bearing Steels — Progress in Bearing Steel Technologies and Bearing Steel Quality Assurance. To participate, presenters/authors must submit online Abstract Submittal Form and attach 250–300 word preliminary abstract no later than October 26, 2015. Papers from steelmakers, semi-finished and finished bearing steel component producers, rolling bearing producers, development institutes and academics are encouraged.
Original Press Release:
Papers Invited for 2016 ASTM International Symposium on Rolling Bearing Steels
W. CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. — Papers are invited for the 11th International Symposium on Rolling Bearing Steels – Progress in Bearing Steel Technologies and Bearing Steel Quality Assurance. The symposium will take place Nov. 16-18, 2016, at the Renaissance Sea World in Orlando, Florida.
ASTM International Committee A01 on Steel, Stainless Steel and Related Alloys is sponsoring the symposium in conjunction with their biannual meetings. The event will bring together rolling bearing producers, steel suppliers, quality assurance equipment producers, research institutes and academics to share information on rolling bearing steel technologies.
Papers from steelmakers, semi-finished and finished bearing steel component producers, rolling bearing producers, development institutes and academics are encouraged. Symposium topics will include, but not be limited to:
• Evolution in bearing steel steelmaking and process quality assurance for reduced cost and improved quality (value);
• Relationships between rolling bearing product design requirements and bearing steel and heat treatment selection; progress in bearing life factoring;
• New steel technologies for high demanding rolling bearing applications;
• Improvements in bearing steel quality assessment, for example using nondestructive testing methods;
• A fresh look at the established steel cleanliness and segregation testing methods; are there better ways of testing bearing steel quality?;
• New alloy and heat treatment developments;
• Advances in bearing steel rolling contact fatigue strength testing, functional testing methods and practices; and
• Progress in under understanding the relationship between microstructure and rolling bearing functional properties.
To participate in the symposium, presenters/authors must submit online the Abstract Submittal Form and attach a 250-300 word preliminary abstract no later than Oct. 26, 2015. The symposium chairman will notify you by Nov. 16, 2015, of your paper's acceptability for presentation at the symposium.
Visit www.astm.org/A01_11thRollingBearingSteel for abstract submittal and additional information.
Additional technical information is available from symposium chairman John Beswick, Moontfort, the Netherlands, tel +220.127.116.117.5722, email@example.com.
Helping our world work better
Over 12,000 ASTM standards operate globally. Defined and set by us, they improve the lives of millions every day. Combined with our innovative business services, they enhance performance and help everyone have confidence in the things they buy and use – from the toy in a child’s hand to the aircraft overhead.
Working across borders, disciplines, and industries we harness the expertise of over 30,000 members to create consensus and improve performance in manufacturing and materials, products and processes, systems and services. Understanding commercial needs and consumer priorities, we touch every part of everyday life: helping our world work better.
ASTM Staff Contact: