▪ C.P. Bourg products are now available in both in-line and off-line configurations for Canon, HP, Kodak, Ricoh and Xerox digital presses.
▪ Attendees can see perfect bound books and saddle stitched booklets being produced in a wide range of format sizes, in-line and off-line, and on single, dual-mode and tandem configurations.
McCormick Place, Chicago; -- C.P. Bourg Inc. is exhibiting at Graph Expo 2015 on its booth and also teaming up with the top digital print partners to give attendees of the final Midwest printing industry show a great finish.
As the world's leading developer and supplier of on-demand document binding and finishing equipment, C.P. Bourg’s concept of a "great finish" is one in which every final printed product -- every book, booklet, calendar and catalog -- is produced quickly, with superior quality and at peak efficiency, without a single page wasted.
"Today, with digital printing technology the new normal, binding and finishing have become integral to all but the most isolated production workflows, and zero waste a top requirement for finishing success," notes James Tressler, Vice President of Sales for C.P. Bourg, Inc.
C.P. Bourg -- Booth #2443
Visitors to the C.P. Bourg booth (#2443) will see C.P. Bourg's signature super-efficient print finishing machines made possible by the company's commitment to quality, innovation and efficiency:
▪ The Bourg BSF Sheet Feeder offers unparalleled productivity with the industry’s first tandem configuration -- two BSFs connected together to automatically switch between units for non-stop finishing of perfect bound books and saddle stitched booklets. The Bourg Tandem BSF will be connected off-line to the Bourg BM-e Booklet Maker, which applies the latest stitch–fold–trim technology with unparalleled quality for a wide range of formats -- the best in its category.
▪ A Bourg BSF connected to the Bourg PowerSquare™ PS224 with PowerSquare P2T Two-Knife Trimmer is simulating near-line production of precision-finished SquareBack™ booklets. The Bourg PS224 makes it easy to stitch, fold, spine-form and full-bleed-trim lay-flat booklets with up to 224 pages (56 sheets).
▪ C.P. Bourg will also showcase the Bourg BB3102 PUR-C Perfect Binder with the Bourg BBL Book Loader producing perfect bound books. A fully automated perfect binding system aimed at medium-run and short-run production environments, the BB3102 makes it easy to produce a wide variety of bound softcover books from traditional or digital print streams, with minimal operator intervention and at constant maximum speed of up to 400 books per hour.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. -- Booth #1213
A high-speed, on-demand digital book production system combining ultra-fast duplex digital monochrome cut-sheet printing with the latest innovations in automated perfect binding is being showcased here at Graph Expo 2014 by Canon U.S.A., Inc. in booth #1213. The automated book production system features the Bourg BB3202 EVA binder operating in-line with a Canon Océ printer.
The Bourg BB3202 EVA/PUR-C binder is a fully automated, next-generation perfect binder uniquely able to produce finished books automatically in-line or off-line. The BB3202 features C.P. Bourg's sophisticated Bourg Book Compiler (BBC), a design that automatically compiles printed pages from the digital press into book blocks and immediately sends each completed block into production, streamlining the entire process of creating books on-demand.
HP -- Booth #1202
The HP booth (#1202) features the Bourg Booklet Maker ExPress operating off-line with the Bourg BSF Sheet Feeder and Bourg BCM-e Bleed Crease Module producing corner- and side-stitched catalogs printed by the HP Indigo Digital Press 7800.
The Bourg BSF features an innovative air-table design and a lower feeding station with the capacity to accept collated sets of paper directly from any compatible cart. No manual transfer of heavy stacks of collated paper sets from stacker carts to a sheet feeder is required, increasing productivity and reducing the risk of damaged sheets, stacking errors and personal injuries.
The Bourg Sheet Feeder also feeds content and cover sheets up to 14.3 x 26 inches (364 x 660.4 mm), combines optical mark recognition (OMR) and ultrasonic detection (DMC) technologies to detect doubled or missed sheets, and scans bar codes placed anywhere on the sheet to enable automated job tracking and job integrity.
Ricoh Americas Corporation -- Booth #1231
In booth #1231, the Bourg BM-e Booklet Maker is being shown, operating with the Ricoh 8100 monochrome printer.
In addition to the features noted above, a variety of unique innovations built into the Bourg BM-e improve finishing speed, efficiency and flexibility. The BM-e is also extremely versatile, able to be configured in-line to a wide range of production digital printers, off-line with single or tandem configurations of Bourg Sheet Feeders, or in C.P. Bourg's unique Dual-Mode configuration, which enables one finishing system to accept jobs from multiple presses, thereby dramatically improving on-demand printing efficiency.
"Printers today are looking for every advantage they can find to make their operations faster, more efficient and more flexible. The Bourg BM-e Booklet Maker not only meets these demands -- it addresses each with a long list of features and innovations that make it a smart investment for any booklet-making application," says Mr. Tressler.
Xerox and C.P. Bourg Receive Top Products Award
At Graph Expo, C.P. Bourg and Xerox Corporation are receiving the 2015 Quick Printing Reader's Choice Top Products Award in the "Output Devices" category for the Xerox iGen 150 with Automated In-Line C.P. Bourg PUR Perfect Bind Solution. The 2015 Reader’s Choice Top Products Awards represent what print providers worldwide consider to be the most significant products introduced to the commercial printing industry over the 15-month period from January 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015.
The Xerox iGen 150 Press with the C.P. Bourg BB3202 PUR-C Perfect Binder is recognized as the industry's first fully automatic in-line/near-line PUR binding solution. Designed to produce softcover books on demand -- from single or multiple digital, analog or mixed workflows -- the BB3202 comprises a modified Bourg BB3002 single-clamp binder and Bourg BBC transfer module to compile sheets or single-fold signatures and transfer stacks and covers into the binder. The BB3202 automatically gauges spine thickness and sets jogging, power milling and notching, gluing, scoring and suction cover-feeding.
Xerox Document Finishing Architecture seamlessly connects the finishing modules to the iGen 150. Options include the Bourg dual-mode BSFEx Sheet Feeder to produce books from both the in-line iGen press, as well as off-line from the other print devices; the Bourg BPRF Perf Rotate and Fold to create signatures from larger format printed sheets; and an in-line 3 Knife Trimmer from Challenge -- ready to pack for shipment.
The automated perfect binding solution can produce 350 unique books per hour, with finished books sizes from 3.9 x 3.9 inches to 15.15 x 12.6 inches and spine thicknesses up to 2.36 inches, stacked for trimming off-line or automatically routed to optional three-sided trimming.
For more information, visit www.cpbourg.com.
James Tressler / C.P. Bourg Inc.
John Hebert / Hebert Communications
Rest of World
Cathy Vaessen / C.P. Bourg s.a.