DANBURY, Conn. – Branson Ultrasonics Corp., an Emerson company, will exhibit at the IDEA Show, booth 102. The exhibit presents the latest in technologies and will unveil a new Textile Actuator that provides an ultrasonic solution to a myriad of converting, bonding and embossing applications.
The 2013 IDEA booth will also highlight Branson's Unmatched Application Expertise, 100% Commitment to Customer Service, Unequaled Global Resources and Leading Edge Technologies. With fully-operating equipment stations and video kiosks, the booth will demonstrate a line of nonwoven assembly solutions – plus Branson personnel will also be on hand to provide assistance.
Jim Molinare, Market Segment Manager for Branson further states, "With the introduction of new products that are specific to the nonwoven industry, Branson once again proves that our approach to achieve the right solution for each application is the key to our success. We feel that our direct drive servo system, utilizing state of the art "power signal control" and our new DCX power supplies, which provide enhanced performance, control, durability and reliability, will change the way that the industry looks at ultrasonic technology."
Servo Textile Actuator
• Servo technology provides precise gap control between the horn and rotating drum over a wide range of weld parameters.
• Thermal expansion is automatically detected and compensated for
• Production speeds over 1000fpm 300mpm
• All weld parameters are software controlled via touch screen display
• Applications include Embossing, Converting and Bonding of Nonwoven materials.
DCX Digital Power Supply Series
Among the other advanced features on the new DCX Series are:
• Greater Efficiency – Constant amplitude regulation results in less force required to weld
• More Productivity – Programmable starting ramp times help to improve cycle rate and throughput
• Dependable – Six levels of power supply protection helps maintain weld quality and extend product life
• Improved Thermal Management – Separate electronics and heat management compartments increase performance and durability
• Total Amplitude Control for Closed Loop Amplitude Control – Provides complete and precise amplitude control throughout the weld cycle. Amplitude can also be increased or decreased instantaneously during the weld – an industry first.
At IDEA, Branson's will show manufacturers how to increase productivity in their assembly operations. Branson engineers look at the whole system as critical and can provide nonwoven systems integration without all the confusion usually associated with automation.
About Branson Ultrasonics Corp
Headquartered in Danbury, Connecticut, Branson Ultrasonics Corporation is the leading worldwide manufacturer of plastics joining equipment including ultrasonic, linear and orbital vibration welders, hot plate welders, laser welders, infrared welders, thermal welders and spin welders for assembling thermoplastics. Branson also manufactures equipment for metal welding, processing biological and chemical solutions, and precision commercial and industrial cleaning. Branson was founded in 1946 and is a subsidiary of Emerson, St. Louis, MO, as part of the Industrial Automation Division. For more information, visit www.BransonUltrasonics.com
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. The company is comprised of five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Sales in fiscal 2012 were $24.4 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
CONTACT: Crystal Rumph, (203) 796-0528
IDEA Show, Booth 102
41 Eagle Road, Danbury, CT 06813-1961