Enhanced capabilities for solid dosage manufacturing
- Parsolex expands facility in West Lafayette, Indiana, with Bosch Packaging equipment
- Bosch Packaging delivers state-of-the-art oral solid dose manufacturing machines
- Both packaging partners plan joint research projects
Minneapolis, MN – Bosch Packaging Technology, a leading supplier of process and packaging technology, and Parsolex, a leading contract development and manufacturing organization, have entered into a close cooperation on solid dosage manufacturing. Parsolex will benefit from the latest packaging technologies for pharmaceutical manufacturing, Bosch Packaging Technology will gain access to a manufacturing site in the U.S. to showcase its technological capabilities. “Our strategic partnership with Parsolex showcases our state-of-theart oral solid dose manufacturing equipment and, combined with their wealth of expertise, this will position Parsolex as a top contract manufacturer for the pharmaceutical industry,” Thomas Mauritzen, president of the Bosch Packaging Technology pharma division in North America, stated.
Diversity of precision machines for solid dosage manufacturing
Parsolex has chosen Bosch Packaging equipment for its recently expanded CGMP commercial manufacturing facility in West Lafayette, Indiana, to complement its existing capabilities. The company believes that the new Bosch Packaging machines will contribute to a range of clinical supply manufacturing programs. “Parsolex is excited to partner with Bosch Packaging Technology to offer our clients access to the latest solid dosage technology innovations in granulation, coating, tablet compression and capsule weight sorting,” said Alfonso Chang, CEO of Parsolex. “Access to Bosch Packaging and its technology enhances our capability to work on even more complicated and/or diverse issues that are challenging our clients’ business today.”
The new Bosch Packaging precision equipment installed at Parsolex’s West Lafayette site includes:
- The Pilotmix and Pilotlab platforms, which offer new granulation and precision coating capabilities, including high-shear and spray granulation, as well as fine particle, pellet and microtablet coating and drying, respectively. Additionally, this CGMP granulation suite is equipped with pneumatic material transfer capabilities for closed product transfer to increase production efficiency and offer solutions for optimal particle size distribution, including milling and sieving dry and wet powders.
- The highly efficient TPR 200 tablet press, which more than doubles Parsolex’s tablet compression production rate and allows for greater flexibility, improved yields and faster changeover times.
- The Solidlab 2 drum coater, which can easily scale up production parameters for cosmetic and functional film compressed tablet cores coating, including controlled release applications.
- The KKE 1700 capsule checkweigher, which offers 100% gravimetric capsule weighing and maximum output, producing well over 2.5 million commercial capsule doses worldwide so far.
Joint research projects planned
The new equipment utilizes Bosch Packaging’s modular data acquisition systems, which will help Parsolex to develop robust process parameters and improve their statistical process control. Parsolex will also benefit from Bosch Packaging’s experience in software design, with a focus on GAMP 5 guidelines. In doing so, Parsolex will comply with the 21 CFR Part 11 requirements.
As part of the strategic partnership, Bosch Packaging Technology and Parsolex will conduct joint research projects that demonstrate Parsolex’s capabilities on Bosch Packaging Technology’s machines. Furthermore, both partners will host events on market trends, technological innovations and manufacturing in the pharmaceutical industry.
Contact Bosch Packaging:
phone: +1 763-493-6144
Contact person for press inquiries:
phone: +49 7951 402-648
David A. Engers,
phone: +1 765-464-8414
About Bosch Packaging Technology
About Bosch Packaging Technology Based in Waiblingen near Stuttgart, Germany, and employing 6,100 associates, the Bosch Packaging Technology division is one of the leading suppliers of process and packaging technology. At over 30 locations in more than 15 countries worldwide, a highly-qualified workforce develops complete solutions for the pharmaceuticals, food, and confectionery industries. These solutions are complemented by a comprehensive after-sales service portfolio. A global service and sales network provides customers with local points of contact.
More information is available online at www.boschpackaging.com.
Parsolex is derived from the words “Partner, Solutions, Excellence” – the foundation of everything we do. Since 2004, our experienced team has been committed to innovation in product and process design, development, CGMP manufacturing, and testing of solid oral dosage forms. We strive to achieve the success of all our clients to improve patient lives around the world. Parsolex operates a CGMP facility equipped with state-of-the-art manufacturing and analytical technologies located in West Lafayette, Indiana, USA, that is registered with the US Food & Drug Administration. Parsolex’s technical capabilities include formulation and process development, including first-in-human strategies; clinical trial material (“CTM”) manufacturing, scale-up, and technology transfer for a broad range of oral solid dosage forms, including but not limited to tablets, film-coated tablets, and hard gelatin capsules filled with powder, granule, and coated-beads; analytical method development and validation services; ICH stability storage; CGMP warehousing; and CGMP commercial manufacturing. For more information about Parsolex’s capabilities and strategic advisory services, please contact +1 (765) 464-8414.
Learn more at www.parsolexinc.com.