Press Release Summary:
The The American Wood Council elects Allyn Ford chairman of Roseburg Forest Products as chairman for board of directors, Neil Sherman (Executive Vice President of Siding at LP Corporation) as First Vice-Chairman and T. Furman Brodie as Second Vice-Chairman. Ricky Stanley (CEO and President for TR Miller Mill) is elected as new member to the AWC board and Eric Cremers and Fred Stimpson were elected to a second two-year term.
Original Press Release:
Roseburg Forest Products Chairman will Lead AWC’s Board
LEESBURG, VA. – The American Wood Council (AWC) today announced the election of Roseburg Forest Products Chairman Allyn Ford as the AWC Board of Directors’ Chairman for a second one-year term, effective January 1, 2019.
Neil Sherman, Executive Vice President of Siding at LP Corporation, was elected the First Vice-Chairman, and T. Furman Brodie, Vice President of Charles Ingram Lumber Co., was elected as Second Vice-Chairman. Stimson Lumber President & CEO Andrew Miller will continue to serve as the Immediate Past Chairman.
Ricky Stanley, CEO and President for TR Miller Mill, was confirmed as a new member to the AWC board. Eric Cremers, President and Chief Operating Officer of PotlatchDeltic, and Fred Stimpson, President of Canfor Southern Pine, were each elected to a second two-year term.
“Allyn has a long history in the wood products industry,” said AWC President & CEO Robert Glowinski. “He has led the AWC Board this year in oversight and achievement of significant Council milestones and opportunities in the current building code cycle. I look forward to working with him to continue that progress throughout 2019.”
The full AWC board of directors includes:
- Chairman Allyn Ford, Roseburg Forest Products;
- First Vice-Chairman Neil Sherman, LP Corporation;
- Second Vice-Chairman Furman Brodie, Charles Ingram Lumber Co.;
- Immediate Past Chairman Andrew Miller, Stimson Lumber;
- and, Adrian Blocker, Weyerhaeuser Company; Tom Corrick, Boise Cascade; Eric Cremers, PotlatchDeltic; Mike Dawson, Norbord, Inc.; George Emmerson, Sierra Pacific; Rick Jeffery, Canadian Wood Council; Sean McLaren, West Fraser; Jim Rabe, Masonite; Ricky Stanley, TR Miller Mill; Fred Stimpson, Canfor Southern Pine; Marc Brinkmeyer, Idaho Forest Group; Fritz Mason, Georgia Pacific; and Joe Patton, Westervelt.
The American Wood Council (AWC) is the voice of North American wood products manufacturing, an industry that provides almost 450,000 men and women in the United States with family-wage jobs. AWC represents 86 percent of the structural wood products industry, and members make products that are essential to everyday life from a renewable resource that absorbs and sequesters carbon. Staff experts develop state-of-the-art engineering data, technology, and standards for wood products to assure their safe and efficient design, as well as provide information on wood design, green building, and environmental regulations. AWC also advocates for balanced government policies that affect wood products. www.awc.org | @woodcouncil
Vice President, Communications