Press Release Summary:
ASTM has released Manual 58, Petroleum Refining and Natural Gas Process. With contributions from more than 40 scientists, experts, and professionals, handbook covers topics such as: petroleum and hydrocarbon processing, refining, transportation, and storage; design and operational aspects of refinery units; planning, scheduling, and management of refineries; alternative fuels, such as hydrogen and biofuels; and new test methods, specifications, and quality of various petroleum products.
Original Press Release:
ASTM International Releases New Manual on Petroleum Refining and Natural Gas Processing
W. CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., —ASTM International has released a new publication, Manual 58, Petroleum Refining and Natural Gas Process. This one-of-a-kind, comprehensive handbook provides the latest industry and research advances in petroleum refining, natural gas processing and refinery management.
More than 40 scientists, experts and professionals from both academia and industry have contributed to the 33 chapters in this handbook. Unique features include:
• Latest information on petroleum and hydrocarbon processing, refining, transportation and storage;
• Emphasis on heavy oil processing and residue upgrading;
• Development of new catalysts, reactors, controllers, simulators, online analyzers and waste minimization;
• Design and operational aspects of refinery units;
• Planning, scheduling and management of refineries;
• Financial and economic aspects of petroleum refining processes;
• Alternative fuels, such as hydrogen and biofuels;
• Environmental and safety issues in petroleum processing;
• New test methods, specifications and quality of various petroleum products;
• Refinery inspection and maintenance; and
• New advances and trends towards future refineries.
Manual 58, Petroleum Refining and Natural Gas Process, is available for $260 USD in print (ISBN: 978-0-8031-7022-3; Stock # MNL58) or as an E-Book (ISBN: 978-0-8031-8681-1; Stock #: MNL58-EB).
To purchase ASTM publications, search by stock number on the ASTM Web site (www.astm.org), or contact ASTM Customer Relations (phone: 877-909-ASTM; email@example.com).
ASTM International is one of the largest international standards development and delivery systems in the world. ASTM International meets the World Trade Organization (WTO) principles for the development of international standards: coherence, consensus, development dimension, effectiveness, impartiality, openness, relevance and transparency. ASTM standards are accepted and used in research and development, product testing, quality systems and commercial transactions.
ASTM Staff Contact: Marsha Firman, Phone: 610-832-9612; firstname.lastname@example.org