Receive industry and products news from the market categories that matter to you most.
Stay up to date on industry news and trends, product announcements and the latest innovations.
ASTM invites papers for international roofing symposium.
Press Release Summary:
Dec 05, 2013 - Papers are invited for Eighth Symposium on Research Roofing and Standards Development, which will be held Dec 6, 2015. Symposium is intended to address topics describing research and standards development for low-sloped and steep roofing systems, including polymer-modified and conventional built-up bituminous roofing; liquid-applied membrane roofing; and spray polyurethane foam roofing systems. It will also cover roof edge systems, wind/fire resistance, roof coatings, and energy-efficient roofing.
Original Press Release
Papers Invited for ASTM International Roofing Symposium
Press release date: Dec 02, 2013
The symposium provides a forum for contributing to the fundamental understanding of acceptable roof performance, with the primary emphasis being current research and development work. The symposium will center on the influence of both laboratory and field investigations in the development of standards for roofing and waterproofing materials and systems.
The symposium is intended to address topics describing research and standards development for both low-sloped and steep roofing systems including the following:
- Polymer-modified and conventional built-up bituminous roofing - Self-adhesive membrane roofing
- Liquid-applied membrane roofing - Synthetic single-ply roofing systems
- Spray polyurethane foam roofing systems - Metal roofing systems
- Roof edge systems - Performance of shingles, tiles and other steep roof coverings
- Wind and fire resistance - Air and moisture movement in roofing systems
- Cool roofing, vegetative (green) roofing and solar - Energy efficient roofing
- Technology of roof coatings - Hygrothermal simulations/modeling
- Roof system durability and service life prediction - Roofing in a sustainability era
- Roofing retrofit - Advances in waterproofing
- Advances in adhesion technology for synthetic and bituminous roofing - Advances in low-sloped roofing and its components
To participate in the symposium, presenters/authors must submit a 250-300 word preliminary abstract by April 8, 2014. The abstract must include a clear definition of the objective and approach of the work discussed, pointing out material that is new, and present sufficient details regarding results. The presentation and manuscript must not be of a commercial nature nor can it have been previously published. The symposium co-chairmen will notify you by Sept. 8, 2014, of your paper’s acceptability for presentation at the symposium.
Visit www.astm.org/D08RoofingCFP12-2015 to submit your abstract and see additional information.
Additional technical information is available from symposium co-chairmen Sudhakar Molleti, Ph.D., National Research Council Canada (phone: 613-993- 9673; firstname.lastname@example.org) and Walter J. Rossiter Jr., Ph.D., W.J. Rossiter and Associates, Clarksburg, Md. (phone: 301-253-2534; email@example.com).
ASTM International is one of the largest international standards development and delivery systems in the world. ASTM International meets the World Trade Organization (WTO) principles for the development of international standards: coherence, consensus, development dimension, effectiveness, impartiality, openness, relevance and transparency. ASTM standards are accepted and used in research and development, product testing, quality systems and commercial transactions.
ASTM Staff Contact: Hannah Sparks, Phone: 610-832-9677; firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss the latest news!