Press Release Summary:
The American Fire Sprinkler Association Manufacturers/Suppliers council elected its new members who will be serving two-and three-year terms. This council includes both appointed and elected representatives. The elected members of 2019 M/S council are Chair Mike Dooley, Chris Stason, Derek Allen, Ray Fremont, Jr., Tim Freiner, Michelle Hoffmann, Andy Kaempfer, Chuck Kitts, Randy Lane, Jim McHugh, Bill Phair, Rex Schwendiman, Joe Tieman and Ralph Watson. The new members of the council will be installed at the meeting held at AFSA37: Convention, Exhibition & Apprentice Competition September 29 - October 3 at the Gaylord National Harbor in Washington, DC.
Original Press Release:
AFSA Manufacturers/Suppliers Council Elects New Members
Elected Officials Will Serve Two- and Three-Year Terms
DALLAS - The American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA) Manufacturers/Suppliers (M/S) Council concluded its annual election recently. Chuck Kitts of System Sensor in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, was re-elected to a three-year term. Tim Freiner of Potter Electric Signal Company, in St. Louis, Missouri, was newly elected for a three-year term expiring in 2021, and Andy Kaempfer of Bull Moose Tube Company, in Chesterfield, Missouri and Jim McHugh of AGF Manufacturing Inc., in Malvern, Pennsylvania, were elected to serve two-year terms expiring in 2020. New members of the AFSA M/S Council will be installed at the Council's next meeting held at AFSA37: Convention, Exhibition & Apprentice Competition September 29 - October 3 at the Gaylord National Harbor in Washington, DC.
Members of the 2019 M/S Council will include:
- Chair Mike Dooley, Anvil International, Holliston, Massachusetts;
- Vice-Chair Chris Stason, Victaulic Company, Temecula, California;
- Derek Allen, Core & Main, Hayward, California;
- Ray Fremont, Jr., General Air Products, Inc., Exton, Pennsylvania;
- Tim Freiner, Potter Electric Signal Company, St. Louis, Missouri;
- Michelle Hoffmann, WinSupply, Dayton, Ohio;
- Andy Kaempfer, Bull Moose Tube Company, Chesterfield, Missouri;
- Chuck Kitts, System Sensor, Lansdale, Pennsylvania;
- Randy Lane, Viking SupplyNet, Hastings, Michigan;
- Jim McHugh, AGF Manufacturing Inc., Malvern, Pennsylvania;
- Bill Phair, Ferguson Fire & Fabrication, Passaic, New Jersey;
- Rex Schwendiman, Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Company, Elmsford, New York;
- Joe Tieman, Johnson Controls, Hillard, Ohio; and
- Ralph Watson, Globe Fire Sprinkler Corporation, Standish, Michigan.
The M/S Council is comprised of both appointed and elected representatives. Each device manufacturing company that holds AFSA membership at level A-6 or above is allowed one seat, with the representative to be appointed by the individual company, and two appointed seats on the Council are reserved for distributor/fabricators in dues-paying categories A-9 or above with a national scope. There are seven elected representatives, and persons serving in these positions may represent any supplier or manufacturer company that includes, but is not limited to, suppliers, other manufacturers, or manufacturer's representatives as long as the company is an AFSA member in good standing.
The Council, established in 1983, is a national council representing member companies who produce fire sprinkler system components, and supply materials and services to the industry. The M/S Council was created to represent the interests of all associate members that make and supply products in the industry, and assist AFSA's Board of Directors in meeting the goals of AFSA.
All Associate members are encouraged to contact M/S Council representatives if they have any questions or ideas about activities of the AFSA. For more information, contact M/S Council Liaisons Marlene Garrett, CMP at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nicole Duvall at email@example.com. For more information, visit firesprinkler.org.
Established in 1981, the American Fire Sprinkler Association is an international association representing fire sprinkler contractors. AFSA is dedicated to the educational and professional advancement of the automatic fire sprinkler industry. Visit firesprinkler.org.