- Innovative LINE-X Coating Applied to ActivArmor™ Casts/Braces During the Manufacturing Process for Added Durability and Versatility for Active Lifestyles
- ActivArmor is the Only Commercially Available 3D Printed Custom Splint in the U.S.
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., (Feb. 5, 2019) – LINE-X – a global leader in powerful protective coatings – has partnered with ActivArmor™ to deliver extreme durability and liquid resistance to its revolutionary line of next-generation 3D printed casts and braces.
- “As the first medical application for our renowned coatings, we’re thrilled to be partnering with ActivArmor to bring extreme durability, coupled with extraordinary resistance to liquid, to their casts and braces. The addition of LINE-X brings an already groundbreaking 3D printed medical device to the next level,” said Dennis Weese, president of LINE-X. “Recovering patients using ActivArmor are already experiencing a new era in individualized medical technology and treatment. Those patients will now have the benefit of a durable LINE-X coating that adds to the structural integrity and water resistance of the splint. Many patients can return to their daily routines, like showering and swimming, with no problem.”
- “During the ongoing product improvement process, we tested several different ways to reinforce and protect our 3D printed orthoses and determined that LINE-X’s biocompatible coating would bring the safest, most protective benefits and hygienic features to our casts,” said Diana Hall, President and Founder of ActivArmor. “We share the same vision in using creatively innovative technology to protect and improve the quality of life for our customers, and we look forward to collaborating on even more custom exoskeletal solutions.”
AcitvArmorTM Fortified with LINE-X: Get Back in the Game Faster
Unlike traditional casts and braces which put limitations on active lifestyles, AcitvArmor’s custom-made, 3D printed exoskeletons are waterproof, hygienic and breathable to provide superior immobilization while still giving active individuals the ability to work and train during the recovery process[*].
- Made for athletes and active lifestyles: resistant to sweat, water, moisture
- More hygienic: LINE-X coating allows users to bathe and shower while wearing ActivArmor
- Less skin irritation: LINE-X passed ISO biocompatibility testing for safety and comfort
- Saves time and money: ActivArmor patients have reduced office visits and costs related to soggy casts or deformed/damaged splints
- LINE-X increases strength, structural integrity and lifespan of ActivArmor products
- Trusted by physicians: Line-X coated ActivArmor devices are being prescribed by physicians across the country for acute injuries like breaks and sprains, and for chronic conditions like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Used by Pro Athletes:
- ActivArmor devices are currently being used by several amateur and professional athletes, as well as performance athletes with active lifestyles
Each cast is completely customized and designed according to a 3D body scan of the patient. Once custom fabricated for the patient, the products have LINE-X applied at ActivArmor’s manufacturing facility before being fitted by medical professionals. The LINE-X coating is optional, but highly recommended for many types of patients depending on lifestyle and individual recovery plans.
For more information, please contact LINE-X public relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 374-6177.
[*]ActivArmor orthosis are intended to be used under the supervision of a medical professional.
ActivArmor LLC (www.ActivArmor.com) provides the first commercially available water-safe, breathable and hygienic orthosis with the potential to replace traditional casting and splinting in the U.S. ActivArmor orthosis can be coated in LINE-X protective coating to provide additional strength, comfort and durability. The company started as 3DMedScan LLC, in October of 2014, utilizing 3D body imaging and 3D computer aided drafting (CAD) design to develop custom-fit exoskeletal support devices for medical and sports applications. Original products were sold as AmphibianSkinTM and have since been rebranded as ActivArmorTM. The orthosis are used to treat acute injuries like breaks and sprains, in post-surgical healing phases, as well as for chronic conditions that require immobilization, like carpal tunnel. The design was refined for comfort and for the best healing outcomes based on patient and physician feedback through two years of field tests. ActivArmorTM is available in leading medical facilities including Regional Orthopedics in Staten Island, NY, Quincy Medical Group in Quincy, Ill, Fort Worth Physical Therapy in Fort Worth, TX, Alpine Orthopedics in Gunnison, CO, Colorado Center for Orthopedic Excellence in Colorado Springs, CO, and Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute in Jacksonville, FL. Hundreds of patients have been fit with ActivArmorTM orthosis with referrals from doctors and medical professionals from around the country. ActivArmorTM device users also include performance, collegiate and professional athletes. Follow ActivArmorTM on Twitter @activarmor, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ActivArmor, follow ActivArmorTM on Instagram #ActivArmor, and watch ActivArmor’s latest videos on YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ActivArmor. #ActivArmor #waterproofcast.
About LINE-X LLC
LINE-X LLC (www.LINE-X.com) is a global leader in high performance polyurea protective coatings offering scientifically formulated polymers that permanently bond to a wide range of surfaces for unmatched durability. With the launch of the brand’s Truck Gear by LINE-X accessory line, LINE-X’s near-‘unbreakable’ coatings are complemented with premium, stylish truck offerings to make for a true one-stop truck customization solution at franchise locations across the United States and the globe. With prominent applications in the automotive, military, commercial, light industrial, heavy industrial, agricultural, marine and personal customization worlds, LINE-X brings legendary protection to any business or manufacturer serious about protecting and prolonging the life of its products. Headquartered in Huntsville, Ala., LINE-X supports more than 660 customers in 75 countries, manages eight warehouses across six continents, and employs an award-winning chemistry team with state-of-the-art product innovation lab. Follow LINE-X on Twitter @LINEXProtects, become a fan on Facebook of LINE-X Protective Coatings, follow LINE-X on Instagram @LINEXNorthAmerica, and check out what LINE-X is doing on YouTube at: www.youtube.com/LINEXProtects. #Unbreakable #Style. #LINEXIT.
Contact: LINE-X Public Relations