Software extends analytics to product lifecycle process.
March 8, 2002 - DecisionSite(TM) 7.0 uses interactive, intuitive, visual environment to gather information from various sources and ask successions of questions to enable user understanding. It offers application deployment capability and off-line analytics. DecisionSite Statistics 7.0 provides library of statistics and data mining tools. DecisionSite Advantage configures, integrates and deploys analytic applications across multiple product lifecycle processes.
Original Press release
60 Hampshire Street
Cambridge, MA, 02139
Spotfire® first to extend analytics to any product lifecycle process DecisionSiteâ„¢ empowers end-users and their enterprises to improve product-critical decisions in any product lifecycle process
February 25, 2002, SOMERVILLE, Mass., Feb. 25, 2002 -Spotfire® Inc., a leading provider of product-centric analytic applications, today introduced DecisionSite(TM) 7.0, the first application that can be rapidly configured to meet the varied challenges of end users and their global organizations to analyze and understand the overwhelming volumes of data produced by their research, development, manufacturing, distribution, marketing and sales organizations.
"Innovation and discovery doesn't stop at research," said Frances Stewart, Ph.D., site head of cheminformatics at GlaxoSmithKline. "DecisionSite 7.0 will allow us to target data-driven decision support analyses beyond the pure research environment."
Business-driven technical decisions are made daily as part of product processes such as product innovation and discovery, product portfolio management, manufacturing optimization, yield and defect management, warranty analysis and product performance analysis. Traditional business intelligence applications are not well suited to the non-stop "what-iffing" end users must perform to explore the myriad of options and alternatives that drive product decisions. Business intelligence applications focus instead on static representations of data or on monitoring known performance metrics.
Spotfire's DecisionSite draws on its interactive and highly intuitive visual environment to gather information from a variety of sources and ask an endless succession of questions to enable a user to gain a true understanding of the knowledge buried in each company's data stores. Faced with this challenge daily, DecisionSite customers gain competitive product advantage by acting on the insights that arise from everything from analyzing experimental results to exploring the economic and technical risks and rewards of alternative portfolio and product strategy decisions.
"Businesses across all industries are adopting business intelligence tools and analytic applications to support decision-making processes in marketing, operations, finance and product development," said Henry Morris, vice president for applications and information access at IDC. "Spotfire is laser-focused on providing comprehensive products and services to support business-critical product lifecycle decisions, helping companies save time, money and error in their discovery, development and management of groundbreaking new products."
To aid in the application of DecisionSite analytics to any product lifecycle process, Spotfire has released several product and service offerings:
Spotfire DecisionSite 7.0:
* Spotfire's marquis product has been enhanced to support any product lifecycle process by providing integrated analytics, dynamic visualizations and queries, and information interaction in a single configurable environment.
* Included in DecisionSite is an application deployment capability to facilitate enterprise-wide administration and management.
* DecisionSite 7.0 supports off-line analytics, enabling end-users to continue analysis tasks in disconnected mobile mode; automatically re-synchronizing when returning to the network.
Spotfire DecisionSite Developer 7.0:
* DecisionSite Developer is the toolset to configure DecisionSite to your product process using a comprehensive set of application examples, how-to guides and application programming interfaces.
Spotfire DecisionSite Statistics 7.0:
* This new capability provides a power library of dynamic statistics and data mining tools that can be made integral to any DecisionSite analytic application.
* DecisionSite Statistics can be used to integrate Spotfire's dynamic end-user experience with commonly used statistical tools such as SAS, S-PLUS® and MATLAB(R) to offer interaction and visualization of statistical results.
Spotfire DecisionSite Advantage:
* DecisionSite Advantage is a proven professional services methodology to configure, integrate and deploy analytic applications across multiple product lifecycle processes.
* DecisionSite Advantage includes implementation options that are selected based on project needs 3/4 Deployment Advantage, Analytic Advantage and Enterprise Advantage
Spotfire Analytic Partner Program:
* Given the new capability released in DecisionSite 7.0 to configure, deploy and integrate new analytic applications, Spotfire is adding new categories of partners to its Spotfire Network Partner Program. The new categories include: Applied Analytic Partners, Content Partners and Systems Integration Partners.
"With the integration of Spotfire's DecisionSite and Insightful S-PLUS, our customers have the potential to configure hundreds of analytic applications based on specific processes," said Gregg Paisley, vice president of alliances at Insightful Corporation (Nasdaq:IFUL - news). "Our integration enables Spotfire customers to seamlessly access the full functionality of S-PLUS within their familiar Spotfire DecisionSite environment."
"Our customers have gained great value from their use of DecisionSite to support critical product decisions. We have responded by optimizing our offerings to extend that value to a broader user base," said Spotfire CEO Christopher Ahlberg. "DecisionSite 7.0 puts the power of great decision-making in the hands of any user across the enterprise."