Trade Show Preview: Divide and Conquer for IMTS Success
April 24, 2014
- Decision-makers involved in manufacturing equipment purchases
- Engineers who identify equipment needs
- Plant superintendents who will set up the equipment
- Operators who use the equipment and know it better than anyone else.These buying teams become a force of change in their companies by bringing the knowledge home. They return with the ability to share best practices, success stories, and practical solutions. Small or large, the teams that realize the most return on their investment in spending time at IMTS plan their approach before walking through the doors of McCormick Place. Here are some tips for preparing for IMTS:
- List current priorities and business problems -- cutting costs, throughput, business development, diversification, or other specific challenges -- and find corresponding education and solution providers with whom team members should schedule meetings. This way, the exhibitor staff knows you are coming and will have the correct members available.
- Establish a scorecard for comparing and evaluating exhibitor products and services. Having this in advance will keep conversations on track and will be the key tool for evaluating potential suppliers after the show.
- Pre-register to save valuable time and save cost. Groups receive a substantial registration discount. Pre-registered attendees receive valuable information from IMTS that will help them better plan their visits.
- Register for the IMTS 2014 Conference, which focuses on education and solutions to current manufacturing problems, such as improving productivity, improving part quality, and developing a stable, competent workforce to lower the costs of manufacturing and create new levels of market demand.Research conducted by The Center for Exhibition Industry Research Whitney Brown is media communications manager for AMT - The Association For Manufacturing Technology. The International Manufacturing Technology Show, IMTS, is produced by AMT - The Association For Manufacturing Technology. Based in McLean, Va., AMT represents and promotes U.S.-based manufacturing technology and its members - those who design, build, sell, and service the continuously evolving technology that lies at the heart of manufacturing. For more, visit AMT's website atwww.amtonline.org For more information on IMTS and to register your team, visit IMTS.com