Product News: Vision Systems
Vision System uses 2D imaging and 3D cross triangulation.
Press Release Summary:
February 6, 2013 - Designed for robotized de-racking of stamped body parts, stand-alone PLR includes localization software and tools that facilitate integration with robot. Combination of 2D imaging with 3D cross triangulation ensures reliable operation in varying environments, while integrated Web server UI and integration tools support smooth integration into production. Vision system facilitates introduction of new parts into existing work cells and decreases part changeover times.
Original Press Release
New PLR Vision System Uses 2D Imaging with 3D Cross Triangulation
Press release date: January 21, 2013
Minneapolis, Minn. – SICK (www.sickusa.com), one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, encoders, machine vision, and automatic identification products for factory and logistics automation, today announced the launch of the PLR Vision System at Automate.
The PLR vision system was designed for robotized de-racking of stamped body parts. It is a stand-alone system including localization software and tools, that make the integration with the robot as easy as using a vision sensor. The vision system combines state-of-the-art 2D imaging with 3D cross triangulation to create a unique solution that ensures reliable operation in varying environments.
The integrated web server user interface and field-proven integration tools support smooth integration into production. The PLR vision system enables new parts to be easily introduced into existing work cells and short part changeover times. Hardware and software are already pre-set for the application. SICK’s PLR is an ideal solution for cost-efficient robot handling of body parts stored in racks.
• The PLR vision system provides the flexibility needed for cost-minimized robotized de-racking operations
• Stand-alone system saves costs – no additional hardware needed (PC and electronic cabinet)
• Factory calibration and robot integration tools enable simple setup of new applications
• Design of the system, including alignment and robot correction functions make it easy for robot integrators to use the system
• Smart combination of 2D/3D image analysis meets tough application requirements
• The integrated web server makes it possible to work with the PLR vision system from any standard browser
SICK is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. With nearly 450 patents, SICK continues to lead the industry in new product innovations. The diversity of its product line allows SICK to offer solutions at every phase of production in the logistics, automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, and material handling markets. SICK was founded in 1946 and has operations or representation in 65 countries worldwide.