Product News: Software
Video Management Software streamlines requisite processes.
Press Release Summary:
July 17, 2014 - Supporting all IQinVision cameras, ViconNet v7 streamlines recording configuration to replace need for creating recording macros and schedules on NVRs and DVRs. Internal memory tracking mechanism, central failure messaging, and masking feature improve operability of video management. Also, VMS solution offers tools necessary to manage and maintain video security for all users as well as customization and compatibility over range of ONVIF network video and computer hardware.
Original Press Release
Vicon Releases New ViconNet 7 Video Management Software
Press release date: July 8, 2014
This new version 7 is also available on VMDC and Web Servers and can be downloaded from Vicon’s website or requested on CD/DVD from a Vicon Sales Representative.
With enhanced performance and new features, ViconNet 7 is more user friendly and offers the tools necessary to manage and maintain video security for all users. This new version builds upon ViconNet’s highly successful VMS solutions that are fully scalable and feature rich. With the ability to customize along with compatibility over a wide range of ONVIF network video and computer hardware, ViconNet 7 is a powerful and extremely reliable video solution.
New Features and Updates Include:
• Recording Management: The addition of a new setup screen significantly simplifies the way recording is configured on NVRs and DVRs. A simple pick-list is offered to select cameras, microphones, and a choice of three of recording schedules. This new feature replaces most recording macros as well as the auto-record setup screen on Kollector DVRs.
• Support IQinVision Cameras as Vicon: The open standard screen was updated to identify connected IQinVision cameras as Vicon and no longer require adding a 3rd party license.
• Smart Memory Watch Dog: A new smart process monitors for irregular Windows memory management and initiates an application restart to clear the memory and avoid the issue from escalating. This new alert protects the system from memory related freezing and recording gaps.
• New High Resolution Display in VMDC: RX monitors provide clearer and sharper images utilizing new display algorithm. This new display also accommodates better performance with data rates. In addition, a VMS masking feature and quick search line improves operability and navigation.
• Improved Central Failure Notification: The CFN messaging mechanism has been updated for enhanced usability by eliminating duplicate messaging, adding pop-up by default messages, and improved CFN email messaging.
• Masking Secure for Archives: An updated archive player offers a VMS-based masking feature that is protected when archived and will not play if the masking file is missing or corrupted.
Bret McGowan, Sr. VP Sales & Marketing at Vicon Industries says: “This new software release reflects our dedication to providing security solutions that meet our customer’s unique requirements. The new features and updates make it easier to use and incorporates new IQinVision cameras.”
Vicon ®Industries is an industry-leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of video systems and components used for security, surveillance, safety and control purposes. With nearly 50 years in business, the company is unrivaled in experience developing video surveillance technologies. Vicon systems are employed worldwide in high-profile, enterprise-scale installations by a diverse range of customers, including governments, Fortune 500 companies, private and public institutions, and global transit and commerce hubs.
For more information regarding Vicon, visit us at www.vicon-security.com.
Copyright © 2014 All rights reserved.