Product News: Transportation Industry Products
Truck-Specific GPS Units are offered in 5 or 7 in. screen models.
Press Release Summary:
March 16, 2011 - IntelliRouteÂ® TND(TM) 510, featuring 5 in. screen, and HD IntelliRouteÂ® TND(TM) 710 with 7 in. screen, both include virtual dashboard with metrics such as odometer, speed, and altitude. Devices help find destinations via latitude and longitude as well as by ZIP code, and they also alert drivers to curves, time zone changes, upcoming construction, border crossing, and speed limit changes. Drivers can choose from Detail View, Highway View, Trip Summary, and Summary Map View to review planned route.
Original Press Release
Rand McNally Releases Next Generation IntelliRoute® TND(TM) GPS Units
Press release date: March 9, 2011
SKOKIE, Ill. - Driven by upgraded technology and feedback from long-haul truck drivers, Rand McNally has launched two new truck-specific GPS units: the 5-inch IntelliRoute® TND(TM) 510, and the large, high-definition 7-inch IntelliRoute® TND 710. The new units incorporate user-requested enhancements, the ability to incorporate real-time traffic, and a newly designed, thinner hardware unit.
"Rand McNally is committed to the commercial transportation industry and to the professional driver. Our industry-leading IntelliRoute® TND line has been enhanced to provide further value to the over-the-road driver," said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally. "The Trucker Business Tools continue to lead the market in innovation, providing ways to make the business side of driving easier, while reducing in cab distractions."
New enhancements include:
- Virtual Dashboard - At a glance, drivers can view sunrise or sunset, odometer, speed, altitude and other key metrics.
- Traffic Predictor (Available only on the TND 710) - Integrates historic traffic patterns into routing.
- Real-time traffic compatible - Truckers can calculate driving time with congestion ahead, or seek alternate routes. An additional accessory is needed; that accessory will be available at www.randmcnally.com for the suggested retail price of $89.99 and includes a lifetime traffic feed.
- View Current Location by Mile Marker - View location by mile marker along major interstates.
- Enhanced Truck-specific Points of Interest - Now includes truck washes, towing and service, and truck repair information from Truck Down®.
- Find a Location by Latitude and Longitude - Useful when delivering to oil fields, solar windmill fields, new construction, etc.
- Finding a Destination by ZIP Code - One of the most requested enhancements, the new feature includes three-character input for Canada
- Enhanced Quick Planner - Now includes user-defined average speed to further specify the time required from point to point.
- Multi-Stop Entire Route Preview - Now choose from Detail View, Highway View (New), Trip Summary and Summary Map View (New) to better review a planned route.
- Enhanced Voice Warnings - Drivers can prepare for sharp curves, upgrade/downgrade, time zone, upcoming construction, border crossing, and speed limit changes with user-set warnings.
- Loaded vs. Empty Option - Allows the driver to select whether he/she is carrying content; required for IFTA reporting purposes.
The IntelliRoute® TND line was developed from the ground up for truckers. Tested extensively by professional drivers on the road, the units feature louder speakers designed for truck use; truck-designed mounting features such as an oversized suction cup and extra-long power cable; and a suite of specialized Trucker Business Tools to assist drivers in managing the business aspects of trucking. Many of the new features in the IntelliRoute® TND 510 and 710 units were developed as a direct result of tens of thousands of comments from drivers that came in via "Tell Rand," a unique on-device feature that provides continuous feedback to Rand McNally from the driver community.
The IntelliRoute® TND line of GPS products is "Trucker tested. Trucker approved." Suggested retail price is $349 for the 510 and $449 for the 710. Both units are available at truck stops nationwide and at other online retailers. Visit www.randmcnally.com/truckgps for more information.
About Rand McNally - Rand McNally is the most trusted source for maps, directions, and travel content. Rand McNally's products and services include: Interactive travel service, Tripology; America's #1 Road Atlas; IntelliRoute® truck routing software and GPS devices; TruckPC mobile communications solutions for the transportation industry; and the leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom. Consumers, businesses, truckers, and educators depend upon Rand McNally to help navigate today's world. www.RandMcNally.com
IntelliRoute and Rand McNally are registered trademarks and TND is a trademark of Rand McNally.
Truck Down is a registered trademark of Truck Down International, Inc.
Follow us - Twitter:
Provide your Trucker Story at:
CONTACT: Amy Krouse of Rand McNally, +1-847-329-6798, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: www.randmcnally.com