Product News: Computer Hardware & Peripherals
Solvent Printers are suited for signage and vehicle graphics.
Press Release Summary:
July 17, 2012 - SureColor S30670 features draft speed of 620 sq ft/hr while SureColor S50670, with 5-color ink, runs at 980 sq ft/hr and SureColor S70670, with 10-color ink, runs at 225 sq ft/hr. All three, 64 in. printers have 1 in. wide MicroPiezo TFP print heads with 360 nozzles/channel and ink repelling coating for minimal nozzle clogging. Various features automate nozzles checks, media feed adjustments and tensioning, and media and print head alignments. Systems are controlled via color LCD panel.
Original Press Release
Epson Raises Industry Standard for Solvent Printing with New SureColor S50670 and S70670 Next-Generation 64-Inch Printers
Press release date: July 10, 2012
Product Ink Colors Print SpeedsMore About the SureColor S-Series Boasting groundbreaking all-Epson engineering, each model in the SureColor S-Series integrates an entirely new print engine and introduces new convenience features that help automate previously time-consuming processes such as nozzles checks, media feed adjustments and tensioning, and complicated media and print head alignments. Additional features include: - MicroPiezo TFP Print Head: One-inch wide, high performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel capable of handling ten separate ink channels; low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement and ink repelling coating for reduced nozzle clogging; both the SureColor S50670 and S70670 leverage two print heads for maximum performance.
SureColor UltraChrome GS2 CMYK Draft Speed(1): 620 Sq. ft/hour S30670
SureColor UltraChrome GS2 Dual CMYK Draft Speed(1): 980 Sq. ft/hour S50670 Optional White
SureColor UltraChrome GSX CMYK, Lc, Production Speed(1): 225 Sq.ft/hour S70670 Lm, Lk, Or, Optional White and Metallic
- UltraChrome GS2 and UltraChrome GSX: Epson exclusive ink technologies deliver virtually odorless printing without the need for special ventilation or air purification systems(2) and do not contain Nickel (Ni) compounds, reducing the impact on the environment.
- Take-Up Reel System: Efficient take-up reel for unattended production of large print runs supporting both wind-in or wind-out; standard heavy roll support in rear for up to 90 pound roll with motorized take-in; optional high-capacity roll support for rolls up to 150 pounds.
- Roll Media Loading: All new spindle-less design with manual Epson LiftAssist allows for easy loading and unloading of heavy roll media.
- High-Capacity Ink System: Individual ink cartridges up to 700 ml enable users to avoid production downtimes and maximize profitability; the S50670 offers 1400 ml of installed ink per color for maximum productivity. Each printer in the series is designed exclusively for use with EPSON ink cartridges(3) for greater reliability.
- Control Panel: Full color LCD panel provides easy access to menu items and controls.
- Included ONYX RIP Software: Epson has partnered with Onyx Graphics, the leading manufacturer of signage RIP software, to include a customized, fully functional version of Onyx's standard layout RIP including the full Pantone color library with each S-Series printer. This powerful layout RIP will also include over 100 media profiles for standard 3M, Avery, Epson, Ultraflex, and Neschen media, enabling customers to make high quality prints right out of the box.
- Media Heater and High-Speed Dryer: Individually controlled pre, platen and post heaters for optimum media support all controlled via a front control panel or front-end RIP software; additional high-speed dryer (standard on the SureColor S50670 and optional on the S30670 and S70670) provides additional drying for fast print speeds. Pricing, Support and Availability Both the EPSON SureColor S50670 and S70670 will be available in the fall of 2012 through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers for a list price of $25,995 each. The SureColor S-series offer a standard EPSON Preferred(SM) Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. Epson Preferred Plus service plans are available that cover both the hardware and software for up to two additional years. For additional information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com. About Epson Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and 3LCD projectors to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 75,000 employees in 97 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. To learn more about Epson, please visit global.epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://youtube.com/EpsonTV). (1) All print speeds shown are based on bi-directional print engine speed only. Total throughput times depend upon such factors as front-end RIP, file size, printer resolution, ink coverage, and networking, etc. (2) Based on testing of one printer in a room of 180 m3 and a ventilation coefficient of 2.2 (without any fan or air conditioning). For more information see the MSDS sheets at www.proimaging.epson.com. (3) Each printer is designed to use only EPSON ink cartridges and not other brands of new or refilled cartridges, or other brands of ink or bulk ink systems. Using EPSON cartridges is important for reliable performance and high image quality. Epson offers voluntary recycling of spent ink cartridges. EPSON, EPSON UltraChrome, MicroPiezo, SureColor, and TFP are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. EPSON Preferred is a servicemark of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. SOURCE
Epson America CONTACT: Duane Brozek, Epson America, Inc., +1-562-290-5683, Duane_Brozek@ea.epson.com Web Site: global.epson.com