Product News: Chemicals & Chemical Processing
Silicone Compound is designed for potting and encapsulating.
Press Release Summary:
September 28, 2012 - Free of any flammable or toxic solvents, 2-partÂ 50-1225 has -65 to +210Â°C service temperature, will cure in deep sections, and will not support or promote flame. Compound is designed for electronic packages that require flow around components, thermal conductivity, and ability to sustain environmental extremes. While material flexibility will cushion electronics through aging and thermal cycling, shrinkage rate during cure will not stress components.
Original Press Release
Silicone Compound Developed for High Performance Potting and Encapsulating Applications
Press release date: September 20, 2012
Epoxies, Etc. develops a high performance two part silicone system. 50-1225 is designed for electronic packages that require good flow around components, high thermal conductivity, ability to sustain environmental extremes, and cushioning for sensitive components.
50-1225 is free of any flammable or toxic solvents and will cure in deep sections. It has a service temperature of -65°C to 210°C, and will not support or promote a flame.
• Highly flexible material will cushion electronics through aging and thermal cycling
• Low shrinkage during cure; it will not stress components
• Wide operating range (-65° to 210°C); makes it suitable for many applications
• High thermal conductivity; will quickly transfers heat away from components
• Low flammability; does not support flame or produce toxic combustion by-products
Samples are available and may be requested from our website: www.epoxies.com