Product News: Material Handling & Storage
Servo Bag Gripper can palletize multiple bag widths.
Press Release Summary:
January 23, 2013 - Incorporating stainless steel fingers, independent Decker Plates, and top-mounted bag clamps,Â SBG-50Â lets one robot palletize 2 in – 2 out conveyor systems or one in-feed conveyor with multiple bag sizes. Servo width adjusting Bag Gripper, used for simultaneously palletizing multiple bag widths from 265–500 mm,Â delivers accurate bag drop placement. Manual adjustment allows for bags as narrow as 165 mm, and system nominally accommodates 65–165 mm high bagsÂ up to 50 kg.
Original Press Release
New SBG-50 Servo Bag Gripper
Press release date: January 18, 2013
As is standard throughout our line of Adjustable bag grippers the SBG-50 uses stainless steel fingers for strength and ability to withstand harsh palletizing environments. Our independent Decker Plates provide accurate bag drop placement; crucial for a tight and stabile pallet. The standard SBG-50 will palletize bags measuring 265 – 500 mm in width (10.5 – 19.6 in); a manual adjustment will allow bags as narrow as 165 mm (6.5 in) to be palletized as well.
SBG-50 Servo Bag Gripper
• Gearbox / motor combinations for various robot manufactures
• Capable of servicing multiple lines with bags of different sizes
• Robust belt and pulley system
• Linear rails for smooth, quiet motion
• Includes standard SAS bag gripper features such as stainless steel fingers, independent decker plates, and top-mounted bag clamps
• Programmable Servo drive bag width adjustment on the fly from 265 – 500 mm with an additional manual adjustment to reduce the width to 165 mm for very narrow bags
• Bag heights from 65-165 mm / weights up to 50kg
“Our new SBG-50 Servo bag gripper is ideal for palletizing heavy bags with multiple widths at high speeds,” said Rob Dalton, General Manager for >SAS< Automation.
About >SAS< Automation
>SAS< is a leading supplier of modular Robotic End-of-Arm Tooling (EOAT), components, and gripper systems, capable of servicing any part and any robot. >SAS< manufactures “get a grip!”, and distributes Nile sprue nipper line, and Asian chucking/gripper line and is ISO 9001:2008 Quality Certified. Specialists in Robotic End-of-Arm Tooling and automation equipment for plastics, general material handling, palletizing, and packaging industries. Sales, service & support to: USA, Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, and Asia.
SAS Automation, LLC
1200 South Patton Street
Xenia, OH 45385 USA
TEL: +1 937- 372-5255
Marketing Options LLC
Marketing Options LLC
Marketing Consulting Services
7986 Clyo Rd. Ste B.
Dayton, OH 45459