Product News: Material Handling & Storage
Robot Gripper features 200 mm of stroke.
Press Release Summary:
June 5, 2013 - Installed on any industrial robot, 2-Finger Adaptive Robot Gripper - 200 provides parallel, encompassing, and internal gripping modes to handle different part geometries. Servo-electric unit features rugged design and sealed casing as well as grip detection and real-time finger position feedback. Offering control of finger speed and force to adapt on-the-fly to heavy or light parts, gripper is suited for automotive, metal fabrication, foundries, and construction equipment.
Original Press Release
Robotiq Expands the Adaptive Grippers Line with Our Largest and Strongest Robot Gripper So Far
Press release date: May 23, 2013
The 2-Finger Adaptive Robot Gripper - 200 has been designed using feedback from many automation engineers, who were challenged with the processing of a wide variety of large parts and high changeover rates, in industries such as:
- Automotive parts
- Metal fabrication
- Construction equipment (heavy machinery)
- This new servo-electric gripper can be installed on any industrial robot to provide unparalleled versatility:
- Programmable 200 mm stroke to pick various part sizes.
- Three distinct gripping modes - parallel, encompassing and internal - enable the handling of different part geometries.
- Rugged design and sealed casing.
- High grip force to handle heavy parts.
- Grip detection and real-time finger position feedback.
- Control of finger speed and force to adapt on-the-fly to heavy or light parts.
Robotiq designs and manufactures robotic tooling to maximize ROI in high-mix automated manufacturing. We work in partnership with robot manufacturers, system integrators, end users and an extensive network of distributors around the world.
Robotiq is a privately held company founded in 2008, based in Quebec City, Canada.
Director of Marketing
US and Canada: 1 888 762-6847 ext.: 121
International: 1 418 380-2788 ext.: 121