Product News: Electronic Components & Devices
Punchdown Tool has rugged design and ergonomic handle.
Press Release Summary:
March 31, 2014 - Used by security, telecom, and datacom installers, PRO-Strike Punchdown Tool terminates and cuts Cat3/5/5e/6 cables. Spring-loaded design minimizes effort required for wire seating and termination while accelerating process, and bayonet style (twist and lock) blade retention socket is compatible with industry-standard tools and blades. Along with built-in hook and multi-use spudger, features include interchangeable blades, adjustable impact settings, and spare blade storage compartment.
Original Press Release
Platinum Tools(R) Showcases New PRO-Strike Punchdown Tool at 2014 ISC West
Press release date: March 27, 2014
“The new compact PRO-Strike Punchdown Tool combines rugged design, an ergonomic comfort grip handle, and enhanced functions,” explained John Phillips, Platinum Tools, Inc. product manager. “The primary tool for all security, telecom, and datacom installers working with 110, 66, Krone and BIX™-style cross connects, this professional tool will provide precise, repeatable, and reliable terminations that helps ensure installations pass certification, thus reducing and eliminating callbacks, resulting in peace-of-mind.”
The PRO-Strike Punchdown Tool terminates and cuts Cat3/5/5e/6 cables and is spring loaded for fast, low effort wire seating and terminations. Its bayonet style (twist & lock) blade retention socket is compatible with industry standard tools and blades.
Additional PRO-Strike Punchdown Tool specifications and applications include:
• New built-in hook – feeds or removes wire
• New multi-use spudger – for screwdriver, IDC insert tool or to clean debris
• 110, 66, 630, Krone and BIX™ style interchangeable blades
- Terminate and trim wires in 66, 110, Krone and BIX™ style cross connect blocks
- Terminate and trim wires in 110 & 630 style wall jack modules
• Color coded yellow on the cut side of the tool per industry standard
• Adjustable low and high force impact settings are precisely controlled to meet the industry standard 8762D spec
• Will not damage sensitive circuitry
• Spare blade storage compartment in the handle
• Dimensions: 6in x 1.5in x 1in (152 x 38 x 25mm)
• Weight: 5.7oz (162g)
For more information on Platinum Tools and its complete product line, please visit www.platinumtools.com, call (800) 749-5783, or email email@example.com.
About Platinum Tools
Platinum Tools, founded in 1997, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation, and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely, and high quality manner.
All of our products must absolutely satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…utility of function; quality of function; and economic value. Our people are our company. They, too, must be focused on and work to satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…customer satisfaction; product knowledge and expertise; and willingness to learn and adapt.