Product News: Services
Product Literature Database Solution targets life sciences.
Press Release Summary:
July 20, 2012 - Intended for pharmacovigilance and medical affairs personnel, QUOSA Product Literature Database solution helps meet regulatory reporting requirements, address medical inquiries, and inform progress in product development. Solution offers automated tagging of search results and optimized search interface that includes configurable faceted browsing of search results. Users can set their own outbound email alerts on any search or topic area in PLD.
Original Press Release
Elsevier Launches a New Product Literature Database Solution for Life Science Professionals
Press release date: July 16, 2012
PLDs are centralized repositories of product-related scientific literature maintained by life sciences institutions to meet regulatory reporting requirements, address medical inquiries and inform progress in product development. PLDs are used by a broad array of groups within life science institutions who need to access public information related to their company's and competitor's products. PLDs primarily contain information from journal and conference abstracts as well as some other public sources, for example media articles.
Michael Rai, General Manager of QUOSA at Elsevier, said, "We have recognized content management and workflow productivity to be a key strategic area in life sciences to support. Our new PLD solution both compliments our current content sources like Embase and extends ourselves to better support the workflows of end users in, for example, medical affairs and pharmacovigilance groups. We are actively engaging in end user discussions to help define how we can take the QUOSA key product components and develop superior workflow solutions for improved post market surveillance."
Elsevier has tailored and upgraded QUOSA's solution to serve the specific needs of life sciences professionals such as pharmacovigilance and medical affairs personnel in pharma, biotech and medical device companies. New functionalities include:
- Outbound email alert setting by end users. Users can set their own alerts on any search or topic area in the PLD, including alert topics created by expert information professionals.
- Enhanced scalability to support the import of hundreds or thousands of alerts from a range of external sources.
- Automated tagging of search results for most efficient management of large sets of results.
- Enhanced search interface including configurable faceted browsing of search results.
- Saved searches, both personal and public, as permanently available, up-to-date views of the PLD content.
These new features complement existing QUOSA functionality which is also essential to the PLD solution:
- Copyright-compliant full-text article archive and sharing, with full-text searching.
- Integration with Copyright Clearance Center's RightSphere(R) rights advisory tool for visibility of copyright information and for conditioning related actions.
- Full-text and metadata retrieval from a wide range of sources, including normalization of the related metadata.
- Customizable metadata for internal value-add and assistance with company workflows. - Streamlined end-user access to PDFs.
- Automated PDF availability checking to minimize document ordering costs.
- Integration with document delivery systems for acquisition and re-use of purchased PDFs.
Please visit the QUOSA Product Literature Database web page [http://www.quosa.com/article-archive-product-literature-database ] for more information.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. The company works in partnership with the global science and health communities to publish more than 2,000 journals, including The Lancet [http://www.thelancet.com ] and Cell [http://www.cell.com ], and close to 20,000 book titles, including major reference works from Mosby and Saunders. Elsevier's online solutions include ScienceDirect [http://www.sciencedirect.com ], Scopus [http://www.scopus.com ], Reaxys [http://www.reaxys.com ], MD Consult [http://www.mdconsult.com ] and Mosby's Nursing Suite[http://www.confidenceconnected.com], which enhance the productivity of science and health professionals, and the SciVal suite [http://www.scival.com ] and MEDai's Pinpoint Review [http://www.medai.com ], which help research and health care institutions deliver better outcomes more cost-effectively.
A global business headquartered in Amsterdam, Elsevier [http://www.elsevier.com ] employs 7,000 people worldwide. The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC [http://www.reedelsevier.com ], a world-leading publisher and information provider, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).