Product News: Computer Hardware & Peripherals
Multifunctional Cable Tester serves voice/data/video projects.
Press Release Summary:
July 28, 2014 - While able to test continuity on voice (RJ11/12), data (RJ45), and video (F-connector) connections, ScoutÂ® Pro 2 Series also locates cable runs with location ID remotes, supports multiple tones to decipher wires, and can measure cable length to fault, on reel, or in box. LT models can measure cable length in feet or meters, and all models work with Test-n-Map™ remotes, which test, map, and identify location in one step.
Original Press Release
Klein® Tools Introduces Its Next-Generation Scout® Pro 2 Series Cable Tester
Press release date: July 23, 2014
Lincolnshire, IL — Klein Tools (http://www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, advances its Voice/Data/Video (VDV) product line by offering the new Scout® Pro 2 Series of cable testers. The Scout Pro 2 is a multi-functional tester that tests voice, data and video connections. It also locates cable runs with location ID remotes, supports multiple tones to decipher wires and can measure cable length to a fault, on a reel or in a box. Scout Pro 2 is compatible with Klein Tools’ new Test-n-Map™ remotes which save time by testing, mapping and identifying a location in a single step. By utilizing the tester and remotes together, the Scout Pro 2 Series will reduce installation verification time by up to 50%.
The Scout® Pro 2 Series Cable Tester:
• Tests continuity on voice (RJ11/12), data (RJ45) and video (F-connector) connections
• Indicators include: miswires – wiremap, opens, shorts, split pairs
• Locates cable runs to wall outlets with location ID remotes
• Supports multiple tones and control of pins carrying tone with integrated tone generator
• Measures cable length in feet or meters (LT models only)
• Compatible with single-step Test-n-Map™ Remotes
• Test, map and identify a location in a single step
• Cut testing and identification time in half
• Test and identify up to eight locations at once
• Compatible with all Scout® Pro 2 Series testers
• Compatible with Scout® Pro LT testers
The Scout® Pro 2 Series offers a variety of kit options:
• VDV Scout® Pro 2 Tester Kit (Cat. No. VDV501-823)
• VDV Scout® Pro 2 Tester & Test-n-Map™ Remote Kit (Cat. No. VDV501-824)
• VDV Scout® Pro 2 LT Tester & Remote Kit (Cat. No. VDV501-825)
• VDV Scout® Pro 2 LT Tester & Test-n-Map™ Remote Kit (Cat. No. VDV501-826)
• VDV Scout® Pro 2 Test-n-Map™ Remote Kit (Cat. No. VDV770-827)
“With voice/data/video projects, there are a vast number of wires that have to be identified, mapped and tested to make sure the job is installed properly. This takes an enormous amount of time going back and forth to check wire location IDs and then going back a second time to test that same wire,” states Chris Niklas, product manager at Klein Tools. “The Scout Pro 2 Series cable tester, along with the new Test-n-Map™ Remotes, cuts that verification process in half which saves both time and money.”
For more details visit www.kleintools.com or your nearest distributor.
Klein is a registered trademark of Klein Tools, Inc.
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople. For more information, visit www.kleintools.com.