Product News: Electronic Components & Devices
Isolated Analog Signal Conditioners interface to DC LVDTs.
Press Release Summary:
August 9, 2012 - Featuring 10 modules with input ranges from -1 to +1 V through -5 to +5 V, Series 8B43 isolates, filters, and amplifies voltage input signal, then provides analog voltage output. Modules interface to DC LVDTs which operate on 10 V excitation voltage and up to 20 mA of excitation current. Housed in miniature 1.11 x 1.65 x 0.4 in. package, signal conditioners provide ±0.05% accuracy, ±0.02% linearity, 1,500 Vrms transformer isolation, and continuous input protection to 240 Vac.
Original Press Release
Dataforth Introduces 8B43 Isolated Analog Signal Conditioners
Press release date: August 7, 2012
· Interfaces to DC Linear Voltage Displacement Transducers
· Provides 10V Excitation with up to 20mA Current for DC LVDT Transducer
· ±0.05% Accuracy
· ±0.02% Linearity
· High-Level Voltage Outputs
· 1500Vrms Transformer Isolation
· Input Protection to 240VAC Continuous
· ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 Transient Protection
· 100dB CMR
· 1kHz Signal Bandwidth
· Low Drift with Ambient Temperature
· CE Compliant
· UL/CUL Listing and ATEX Compliance Pending
· Mix and Match Module Types on Backpanel Signal filtering in the 8B43 is achieved with a 5-pole filter that is optimized for time and frequency response and provides 100dB per decade of normal-mode rejection above 1kHz. One pole of the filter is on the field side of the isolation barrier for anti-aliasing; the other four are on the system side. A special input circuit provides protection against accidental connection of power-line voltages up to 240VAC, while clamp circuits on the I/O and power terminals protect against harmful transients. Isolation is provided by transformer coupling to suppress transmission of common mode spikes or surges. The module is powered from +5VDC, ±5%. Designed for installation in Class I, Division 2, hazardous locations, the 8B43 offers a high level of immunity to environmental noise. Dataforth was established in 1984 and is the world leader in data acquisition and control, signal conditioning, and data communication products for industrial applications. Worldwide, our products provide rugged signal and data integrity and wide spectrum accuracy. All Dataforth products are manufactured in the USA and have been RoHS Compliant since 2006. The Dataforth Quality Management System is ISO9001:2008 registered. For additional information, call 800-444-7644 toll-free, email email@example.com, or visit our website at www.dataforth.com.