Product News: Mechanical Power Transmission
Hirth-Tooth Couplings provide form-locking precision.
Press Release Summary:
March 11, 2014 - Providing self-centering, radial face tooth connection, Hirth Serrations enable users to connect shafts, discs, wheels, and cranks with accuracy. Lightweight units enable wear-free transmission of high torques at smallÂ dimensions. Dynamic forces areÂ retained even after repeated assembly. AvailableÂ in sizes from 50–900 mm in diameter, rings have less rotating mass compared to flange connections. Custom-made models are available with max serration diameter of 1,500 mm.
Original Press Release
Press release date: March 11, 2014
This self-centering, radial face tooth connection enables you to connect shafts, discs, wheels and cranks with highest accuracy. The machine tool industry, for example, would be hard to imagine without Hirth serrations as indexing and positioning elements with highest precision.
Features and Benefits
• Form-locking precision
• Index accuracy
• Repeat accuracy
The advantages of Hirth serrations are quite convincing:
• Light-weight design
• High-strength connections
• Wear-free transmission of high torques at small dimensions
• Dynamic forces are retained even after repeated assembly
• Less rotating mass compared to flange connections
• High concentricity precision and very low radial run-out
• High operating safety
• Comprehensive standard delivery program, diameter range 50 - 900 mm.
• Short delivery times, nearly all standardized rings are available ex-stock
• Economical pricing due to series production
• Production as per customer schedule (max. 1500 mm serration diameter)
• Consultation with design
• Short delivery times, thanks to modern production methods
• Hirth serrations machined on customers own components
• Advice, configuration and design as well as quality assurance from one single source
• Fast delivery as a result of high manufacturing flexibility