Product News: Safety & Security Equipment
Half Mask Respirator features low-profile design.
Press Release Summary:
August 10, 2012 - Designed to fit under most welding helmets, Model LPR-100 filters out 99.97% of airborne particles and oil aerosols, and features Assigned Protection Factor of 10. NIOSH certified mask is constructed of medical-grade material that is odor, latex, and silicone-free. Four-point head strap adjustment allows mask to be customized to most head shapes and sizes, while replaceable pleated filter minimizes breathing resistance, and non-return exhaust valve reduces heat build-up.
Original Press Release
New LPR-100 Half Mask Respirator from Miller Features the Lowest Profile of Reusable Respirators for Welders
Press release date: July 31, 2012
· Low-profile design fits underneath most welding hoods
· Maximized field of vision for increased productivity and safety
· Four-point head-strap adjustment ensures fit and comfort
· Longer filter life thanks to pleated filter design with increased surface area APPLETON, Wis. - Miller Electric Mfg. Co. introduces the new LPR-100 Half Mask Respirator with an exclusive patented low-profile design to fit under most welding helmets. The new LPR-100 Half Mask, part of the Arc Armor(TM) line of welding protective products, is a NIOSH certified design that filters out 99.97 percent of airborne particles and oil aerosols, features an Assigned Protection Factor (APF) of 10, and provides industry best comfort for the user. A four-point head strap adjustment allows the mask to be customized to most head shapes and sizes, and a large non-return exhaust valve further reduces heat build-up and user fatigue. The LPR-100 Half Mask Respirator protects the user while providing a wide field of vision and an unobstructed view for optimal safety and productivity. The replaceable pleated filter provides a larger surface area that reduces breathing resistance and extends filter life. The mask is lightweight and is constructed of medical grade material that is odor, latex, and silicone free. "The Half Mask features a truly innovative design that will appeal to many industrial settings," said Eric Sommers, product manager, Miller Electric Mfg. Co. "Unlike other solutions currently on the market, most operators will find that their welding hood will easily fit over the LPR-100 Half Mask. The product is aimed at welders, but the low profile design and pleated filters will appeal to anyone who needs respiratory protection but wants a more comfortable and less obstructive mask." The LPR-100 Half Mask is perfect for welders but the mask is appropriate respiratory protection in industrial and manufacturing settings as well as small shop or home applications when breathing protection is needed. The LPR-100 Half Mask respirator is available at your local welding distributor or through MillerWelds.com. Product Links MillerWelds.com Product Page Additional Product Information
· P100 filters provide 99.97 percent filtration of airborne particles
· NIOSH Certified
· Assigned Protection Factor (APF): 10
· Weight: 4.64 oz (130 g)
· Filter Type: P100
· Comes complete with: LPR-100 reusable half mask respirator and two P100 filter cartridges. Additional filter cartridges sold separately About Miller
Miller Electric Mfg. Co., headquartered in Appleton, Wis., is a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller brand arc welding products and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW). For more information, visit Miller's website at www.MillerWelds.com, call 1-800-4-A-Miller (800-426-4553), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 877-327-8132, or write to Miller Electric Mfg. Co., P.O. Box 100, Lithonia, GA 30058.