Product News: Communication Systems & Equipment
GNSS RTK Receiver targets Esri community.
Press Release Summary:
July 18, 2014 - Weighing 1.5 lb, Model APS-NR2 works on virtually all RTK networks and communicates seamlessly with Esri cloud-basedÂ platforms. UnitÂ featuresÂ dual cellular antennae with automatic switchover, andÂ built-in Wi-Fi that enables user to configure and monitor unit and stream data directly to tablet. Running all day on hot-swappable batteries, receiverÂ recharges from any USB port. Open architecture lets user choose data collector software or interface directly with Esri ArcGIS Online.
Original Press Release
Altus Introduces New-Generation RTK Receiver for the ESRI Community
Press release date: July 14, 2014
Torrance, Calif. – At the 2014 Esri User Conference, Altus Positioning Systems is unveiling a totally new GNSS RTK receiver designed and developed specifically for the Esri user community.
According to Altus CEO Neil Vancans, the new Altus APS-NR2 provides a never-before-available combination of performance and features that make it ideal for Esri users:
- Light weight - At 1.5 lbs., the APS-NR2 weighs the same as a dozen glazed doughnuts.
- Dual cellular antennae - With automatic switchover, you’ll minimize downtime due to signal loss.
- Unlimited flexibility - It works on virtually all RTK networks.
- Built-in Wi-Fi - You can configure and monitor the unit and stream data directly to your own tablet.
- Supercharged - It runs all day on hot-swappable batteries and recharges from any USB port.
- Esri Compatible - It communicates seamlessly with Esri cloud-based platforms.
- Open architecture - Choose your own data collector software or interface directly with Esri ArcGIS Online.
The APS-NR2 will be commercially available by September, according to Vancans.
In addition to the APS-NR2, Altus will show the APS GeoPod, a compact GNSS module that adds high-precision RTK positioning to any USB-compatible tablet PC. “This unique product gives users the convenience of adding RTK precision to any on-board application on their own mobile devices,” said Vancans.
Altus will showcase the APS-NR2 and APS GeoPod, along with the full range of Altus products, in Booth 1218 at the 2014 Esri Users Conference, July 14-18, in the San Diego Convention Center.
About Altus Positioning Systems
Founded in 2006, Altus Positioning Systems has its corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities in Torrance, Calif. The privately held company provides high-precision GNSS surveying equipment through an international network of sales representatives in key countries around the world. For more information, visit www.altus-ps.com.
Altus Positioning Systems
+1 (310) 541-8139