Product News: Safety & Security Equipment
Fire/Gas Detection System interfaces to plant-wide systems.
Press Release Summary:
March 22, 2013 - Supporting simultaneous interface via RS-485 Modbus, analog 4–20, relay contact, and SentryBus, Sentry IT Fire and Gas Detection System ensures new and legacy sensor modules can be deployed. Sentry Commander Logic ensures complex algorithms – zone voting, delay timing, multiple unique alarm levels – can be implemented with user configuration at spreadsheet level. Features include touch panel color display with menu-driven prompts, scalable design, and auto discovery of sensor modules.
Original Press Release
Sierra Monitor Sentry IT Fire and Gas Detection System
Press release date: March 14, 2013
The new Sierra Monitor Sentry IT Fire and Gas Detection System builds upon the Sierra Monitor heritage of "Best in Class" intelligent hazardous gas detection. The capability of simultaneous interface via RS-485 Modbus, Analog 4-20, Relay contact and SentryBus insures that both new and legacy sensor modules can be deployed. Sentry Commander Logic insures that complex algorithms such as zone voting, delay timing, multiple unique alarm levels and other special requirements can be implemented with simple user configuration at the spreadsheet level.
Key features of the Sentry IT Controller include:
• Intuitive operator interface – touch panel color display with menu-driven prompts
• Versatility – multiple input types, multiple communication choices
• Scalable – deploy additional I/O blocks to expand capability
• User configurable alarm logic – powerful Commander logic allows user to develop comprehensive alarm and control schemes
• User simplicity – auto discovery of sensor modules; single-person, auto-adjusting nonintrusive calibration; multiple choices of main screen
• Easy interface to plant-wide systems – optional embedded web site interface and a selection of multiple protocols enables fast interface to plant control systems
For more information about the IT Series visit our website at: www.sierramonitor.com/IT.
About Sierra Monitor Corporation
Sierra Monitor Corporation manufactures and integrates hazardous gas monitoring systems for industrial safety applications. With over 30 years' experience and over 18,000 installations of fixed gas monitoring systems Sierra Monitor is a technology leader in the industry. Sierra Monitor's accomplishments include the first digital bi-directional multi-drop communication bus between sensors and controller, the first serial Modbus communication output for plantwide systems, the first interface to third party legacy sensors and devices and the first cost-effective web-based graphical system for monitoring plant-wide hazardous gas conditions.
For further information contact Stephen R. Ferree, Director of Marketing, Sierra Monitor Corporation, 1991 Tarob Court, Milpitas, CA 95035, 408-964-4450, toll free: 800-727-4377, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org