Product News: Electrical Equipment & Systems
Electronics Connectors offer hybrid contacts.
Press Release Summary:
July 24, 2012 - Featuring shock-resistant design, MICRO-D-MIX(TM) DMM Series is available in low frequency or mixed-layout configuration. Classic DMM Series, suitable for harness applications or PCB, features 2-3 rows with 10-90 low frequency contacts. My DMM Series is available with 1-4 rows, 2-120 low frequency contacts, and 1-30 high power/high frequency contacts. Designed and tested to withstand extreme conditions, connectors cover performance requirements in compliance with MIL-DTL-83513G.
Original Press Release
Nicomatic DMM Series Connectors, Micro-D-Mix
Press release date: July 1, 2012
· LF contacts
· From 2 to 3 rows, 10 to 90 LF contacts
· >200 arrangements My DMM series: LF, HF (High Frequency), HP (High Power) or hybrid connectors, a range based on multi-contact arrangements, offering free positioning with pre-defined shell sizes. This new series offers custom design possibilities with the advantage of an off-the-shelf product.
· Mixed layout
· From 1 to 4 rows, 2 to 120 LF contacts, 1 to 30 HP/HF contacts
· Panel mounting, racking and locking
· >20 000 arrangements Nicomatic DMM series connectors, Micro-D-Mix A 3rd series; Exclusive DMM allows a much larger number of arrangements. You can use any type of contacts, any length or shell size for your unique technical constraints. These new bespoke connectors optimize space and weight savings. Over 2 million arrangements are possible. Nicomatic fixings are the same whether you use a male or female connector. Covers are mountable without modifying the front or rear panel and the philosophy of the system is to be modular with simple and universal concepts. Their compact design is ideal for miniature and portable devices or equipment used in the field, as well as on-board electronics, rack and panel mounting. For example the right angle (V type) connector offers the most compact solution ever seen on the market. The connectors are designed and tested to withstand extreme conditions and their spec covers performance requirements in compliance with MIL-DTL-83513G (Micro-D standard). In creating a connector system with a lower profile than the traditional MICRO-D, and in using standard components (fixings, HF, HP, LF contacts etc.), the cost of the product is reduced. In the same panel cut-out you can either use a male or female connector as the shape and size are identical. This is true both for rear and front mounting. Main benefits:
· Saves space: low profile, high density package & small footprint
· Full modularity: signal, power & coax
· Easy maintenance: removable crimp contacts
· High flexibility: Front, rear panel mount...
· Short lead-time: Fast availability vs. Micro-D, low minimum delivery quantity
· Affordable: cost effective solution
· Reliable: As in MIL-DTL-83513G Nicomatic in brief:
- SME business with 240 employees in France (HQ), USA, China, Brazil and India
- Innovative spirit & high degree of specialisation with a dedicated product portfolio in connectors & man-machine interface switching technologies.
- Over 35 years industrial experience.
- Working with all the world class leaders in avionics and defense.
- 30 Million USD consolidated turnover (est).
- 80% export (sales across 40 countries).
- 4 Subsidiaries in the USA, China, Brazil, and India, 30 distributors and 20 agents or representatives worldwide
- Certified to ISO 9001:2008 and EN9100:2009 for aerospace and defense.
- Full in-house manufacturing & design resulting in high quality products and fast deliveries.