Product News: Test & Measuring Instruments
Development Kit facilitates designs with iMX6 A9 Quad Core SoC.
Press Release Summary:
February 7, 2014 - As development kit for iMX6Â series of ARM SBCs, iMX6-DK providesÂ Single Box lets users with various levels of expertise understand architecture, run interface demos, and develop their own applications. Aside from Freescale™ iMX6 SOC with ARM A9 core, base CPU board offers such interfaces as PCIe, Mini-PICe, Gigabit Ethernet, RS-232, CAN 2.0, USB2.0, PWM, Watchdog Timer, Analog Input, and GPIO lines. Other features includeÂ 7 in. LCD mounted on base board, VirtualBox, and Eclipse IDE.
Original Press Release
Freescale iMX6 A9 Quad Core Development Kit
Press release date: February 4, 2014
Source Code for OS Image, CAN bus Drivers & Demos Programs
Laguna Hills, CA – Cadia Networks announces the latest addition to its ARM product offerings in the form of an industry leading Development Kit for the iMX6 family of ARM SBCs, the iMX6-DK. We are extremely excited to announce this development kit as it has been carefully designed with the end user in the center of development effort. This kit provides a Single Box solution for OEMs, independent system integrators, developers and enthusiasts alike to understand the architecture, run interface demos and even develop their own applications.
What makes the iMX6-DK unique compared to other development kits available around similar architecture is that it serves a wide array of users with various levels of expertise. The kit is targeted for FreescaleTM iMX6 a SOC with ARM A9 core. The processor architecture is rich in its capabilities and can be used to develop systems which range from consumer devices to communication equipment to even Virtualized applications with multiple display capabilities. Besides the core processing power, the base CPU board boasts a rich array of interfaces like PCIe, Mini-PICe , Gigabit Ethernet, RS-232, CAN 2.0, USB2.0, PWM, Watchdog Timer, Analog Input , GPIO lines to name a few.
All these interfaces mean that the base platform can be used in variety of different applications. Cadia Networks understands that controlling all these peripherals and being able to readily develop applications without trying to re-learn all the internal details is the key to a faster product development cycle. To facilitate faster development cycle, Cadia has released this development kit which takes the guess work out of the end user’s mind on how to power the board, what software interfaces mean, how the device drivers map to the actual hardware pins and how to control them.
The iMX6-DK development kit is a full featured set of components which includes all the hardware, ready to run Linux OS on an SD card, detailed documentation and cables/power supply for evaluation.
The Development kit contains:
• iMX6 CNA9-SOM module with HDMI capability
• Base board to host the SOM module with all the connectors, including SD socket, Serial Port, Power, USB, Ethernet, Analog, PWM and GPIO
• LCD pre-installed and mounted on the base board
• DC 5V Power Supply Adapter
• USB and Ethernet cables
• SD card with ready to run Linux OS image that is pre-programmed with Uboot, OS, Device drivers, Application code and all the documentation.
• Complete documentation and Eclipse development environment on a USB flash drive with
- VirtualBox – VM for the iMX6 platform
- Remote debugging on the actual target through Ethernet connection
- Board Schematics, user manuals and connector pin-out information
- Complete Source code and detailed documentation of all the drivers, ready to run executable programs for Watchdog, Serial port, GPIO, PWM, Analog Input, CAN bus and source code.
- Eclipse IDE which is pre-configured for all the demos and application program
Software Features of the iMX6-DK Development Kit
• Virtual Box on Windows 7 providing Virtual Machine Environment of Ubuntu 12.04LTS
• VM Image specific to the iMX6 SBC to import in Virtual Box
• Eclipse IDE for developing C/C++ applications with remote debugging through Gigabit
Ethernet as well as RS-232 port
• Ready to run demos with executable, complete source code in C and Eclipse projects for HelloWorld, GPIO, Analog Input, SPI and I2C, User Interrupts, PWM, LED Control, CAN ports, System Date Time control, Hardware Monitoring, WiFi Module configuration.
• Uboot scripts and documentation to select default display and make system specific changes.
• Kernel modification capability through LTIB along with full kernel sources for version 2.6.35
• Additional utilities to flash the SD card with a new Kernel image, Modifying the UBoot Environment settings, Changing the Splash Screen etc.
Product Realization of Your Designs
• CNA9-SOM – as a standalone SBC or w/Baseboard
• Net-Zero NRE Custom Baseboard Designs
• Full Custom iMX6 ODM Services
Introductory price: $379.00 limit of 2 per customer.
For more information about this product & services, please visit us at Cadia Networks – iMX6-DK
About Cadia Networks
Based in Southern California, Cadia Networks is an innovative supplier of embedded computing solutions based on a broad range of application specific board level products and systems. We serve a variety of vertical markets and applications such as Point-of-Sales, M2M Intelligent Gateways, Network Appliances, OPS Modules, Media Servers and Digital Signage. The majority of our products are built around open industry standards.
The founding principals of Cadia Networks each have over 25 years in the embedded computing market. Their senior level executive management experience allows Cadia Networks to engage in a wide range of business opportunities with great depth. We offer standard off-the-shelf products, standard product variances and full ODM/OEM custom designs.
For further information, please visit www.cadianetworks.com or call toll free+1-855-GO-CADIA.
Cadia Networks Media Contact:
Director of Marketing
Direct: +1-855-462-2342 ext. 514